Share My Creation B4L: A B4X launcher app!

In order to make my life easier with using multiple B4X IDEs, I've decided to create a "launcher" app. This app allows you to create projects for B4A, B4J, and B4i. It comes with a "Recent Projects" list that allows you to easily launch projects in their respected apps.

It's compatible with the latest public versions of each IDE. The Web "tab" even includes the latest public version of ABMaterial (1.03) by @alwaysbusy! (The ABMShared file is from the Demo that's available with the ABMaterial download.

Download JAR: https://bitbucket.org/ColdBlueLava/b4x-launcher/downloads

===== Below are posts from separate posts that I've merged =====

Update 2: I've also decided to stop creating an EXE as the JAR file received more downloads than the EXE.

Update 3: Sometimes when adding features I forget that some things are easier in the IDE. (Adding Custom Control Modules, for example.)

Attachments

• B4X Launcher 1.PNG
    B4X Launcher 1.PNG
    20.5 KB · Views: 2,816
  • B4X Launcher 2.PNG
    B4X Launcher 2.PNG
    15.3 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
Release 3:
- Fixed issue where app would close before launching project. (Hopefully)
- Added ability to import projects.
- General UX Fixes.

Release 4:
- Added the "Custom Control" and "Console" project types.
- Added a setting to allow users to choose to close the app after creating/loading a project.
- Updated ABMaterial to version 1.04.

Last edited:

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
Release 5 (Hotfix):
- Re-enable the Project Type ComboBox upon going back to "Desktop"/"Web" from "Android" or "iOS". (Whoops on my part.)

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
Release 6:
- Updated ABMaterial to 1.05. (You'll need the PDFJet library.)
- Updated "Close on Creation/Load" code to also include loading from the ListView.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I really like this Idea, and I'd like to help if/whenever you need assistance...

I only recently started fiddling with B4J, so I never went through with some of the ideas I had, one of which was an "all-in-one-place" launcher for B4X...
You started a really cool project, that would need some graphical improvements... Give me a shout if you fancy a collaborator

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Cableguy - Sorry for the late reply, but I'm in the process of planning a huge update. Anyway, I wouldn't mind a collaborator.

Last edited:

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Cableguy - I just started work on a "scene" based GUI... Preview of it:

49ikfqs.png