Other B4R v4.00 BETA

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release a new BETA version of B4R. This update adds support for the latest version of Arduino IDE.
This version is 64 bit only.

Download link: https://www.b4x.com/b4r/files/beta.exe

Installation instructions:
  1. Install latest version of Arduino IDE: https://www.arduino.cc/en/software
  2. Install Arduino CLI (command line interface): https://downloads.arduino.cc/arduino-cli/arduino-cli_latest_Windows_64bit.msi
  3. B4R - Tools - Configure Paths: configure the path to arduino-cli.exe and javac. Java 8+ is supported.
  4. Open the board manager and select the board.
I haven't tested all libraries so there might be some incompatibilities.

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Arduino 2.x ?! o_O Super !

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Daestrum

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Something didn't like the fact it was called beta.exe ( gave me a long explanation that things named beta are not usually downloaded ) reported to MS as safe app - cos I trust you Erel.

small note - it wipes out the paths settings in the original B4R when installed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Why path to Java was added, Erel ? What new functions ?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1692594126526.png

"OK\cancel" buttons are invisible to save the paths (Win10, default system font size = 125%). Enter helps.
p.s. compilation by arduino-cli.exe - is OK :) THANKS !

Last edited:
Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Strange, but "Objects\bin" folder is empty after compilation...
And it's compiled and flashed from
"C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp32\tools\esptool_py\4.5.1/esptool.exe" --chip esp32 --port "COM6" --baud 921600 --before default_reset --after hard_reset write_flash -z --flash_mode dio --flash_freq 80m --flash_size 4MB 0x1000 "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino\sketches\35D6DF9CC575579B62488DE85C94EC8C/src.ino.bootloader.bin" 0x8000 "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino\sketches\35D6DF9CC575579B62488DE85C94EC8C/src.ino.partitions.bin" 0xe000 "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp32\hardware\esp32\2.0.11/tools/partitions/boot_app0.bin" 0x10000 "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino\sketches\35D6DF9CC575579B62488DE85C94EC8C/src.ino.bin"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel, maybe to update the B4R IDE to copy the result .bin (and all other files of the 35D6DF9CC575579B62488DE85C94EC8C root folder without subfolders) to "Objects\bin" as usual ?
It's for compatibility and files storage and other next macro working with the firmware by the fixed path.

Now new path is temporarily generated, i think.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rbghongade

Licensed User
Longtime User
I agree with peacemaker. A copy of compiled file would be convenient in the dedicated folder. Also if possible a "compile only" option would be great.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel, maybe to update the B4R IDE to copy the result .bin (and all other files of the 35D6DF9CC575579B62488DE85C94EC8C root folder without subfolders) to "Objects\bin" as usual ?
It's for compatibility and files storage and other next macro working with the firmware by the fixed path.

Now new path is temporarily generated, i think.

I agree with peacemaker. A copy of compiled file would be convenient in the dedicated folder. Also if possible a "compile only" option would be great.

+1 and +1. Does it equal +2? :)

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
ESP8266 project with the following libraries compiles successfully:

rCore, rESP8266, rESP8266WiFi, rIRRemoteESP8266, rRandomAccessFile

Edit: That is -5 for the libraries that need to be checked for ESP8266

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Other ESP8266 project with all the libraries from the previous post plus the following compiles also successfully:

rMQTT, rEEPROM, rESP8266OTA, rHttpUtils

We can subtract 4 more for the libraries that need to be checked for ESP8266

Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For ESP32 the currently making project is compiling OK as with old version just yesterday and today.
Only the trouble to get .bin file from temp folder.

Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
For ESP32 the currently making project is compiling OK as with old version just yesterday and today.
Only the trouble to get .bin file from temp folder.

Libraries?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The option to build the objects in a specific folder doesn't work in all cases. It depends on the specific board compiler. It also means that the IDE cannot simply copy the files.
I will make the IDE log the two commands it runs so you will be able to automate it quite easily and add the argument that sets the target folder.

Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
But what are real advantages now to update all upto Arduino 2.x ?
Compilation speed is similar, as i can see.

Upvote 0