Android Question [B4X] B4XDrawer - sliding drawer blocking clicks.

nemethv

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a sliding drawer that functions as intended when it's open. The problem is that when it's not open, the left side, specifically the area which is sensitive to gestures (checking for "pulls" so that the drawer can be pulled out) is blocking click events on the underlying activity. So if someone was to click on "travel news" (middle-ish of the screen, left side), or "Whistler" (slightly above), nothing would happen bcs the click action is being captured by either "nothing" or the drawer, not quite sure. The rest of the screen area works okay. How do I solve this issue pls?

1592225626414.png
1592225654366.png

nemethv

Licensed User
Longtime User
Use B4XDrawer class instead of the library and reduce the global ExtraWidth variable.
I just updated to 9.90 -- the class version doesn't seem to support both left and right panels, but just left only, whereas I'd need both (I may be wrong though)
also, drawer.extrawidth doesn't seem to work, where is that in the class-version?

Upvote 0

nemethv

Licensed User
Longtime User
The standard B4XDrawer only supports a left drawer. I guess that you are using your own modified class. Keep using it.
Yes, custom-ish, though I found it on the forum here, I think one of the other members modified it.
Found the ExtraWidth in the meanwhile w/ the library.

Upvote 0