Android Question [B4X] [B4XPages] App - Push messages

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
for a B4XPages app (Android & iOS) that I am developing for a client of mine, I need to display a push message when a new article is inserted in the CMS (Drupal) of the project (with a short deadline).

What is the simplest solution (and less expensive given the short delivery times) that I can adopt in this case?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Extend Drupal code and send a Firebase PushNotification when a new article is inserted.
Implement FirebaseMessaging in your Android and iOS Apps to be able to receive them.

Upvote 1

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Extend Drupal code and send a Firebase PushNotification when a new article is inserted.
Implement FirebaseMessaging in your Android and iOS Apps to be able to receive them.

1) "Extend Drupal code": this mean to write a new php module on drupal, right or ?

2) "Implement FirebaseMessaging in your Android and iOS Apps"
So this is the "receiver" that could be implemented using: "FirebaseNotifications - Push messages / Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM)" based on the @Erel tutorial ([B4X] [B4XPages] Firebase Push Example) ? Right ? Is the best way (ad simple) way to implement it within B4X ?

Upvote 0

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
1) "Extend Drupal code": this mean to write a new php module on drupal, right or ?
Yes, probably something like:

2) "Implement FirebaseMessaging in your Android and iOS Apps"
Yes

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So this is the "receiver" that could be implemented using: "FirebaseNotifications - Push messages / Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM)" based on the @Erel tutorial ([B4X] [B4XPages] Firebase Push Example) ? Right ?
Is the best way (ad simple) way to implement it within B4X ?
It is the only official way to implement FirebaseMessaging for Android and iOS

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes. Or search for an Drupalmodule available which implements just this. Don´t know if anything exists yet though. I don´t use Drupal.

Upvote 0

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, probably something like:

Yes

Hi Josè and thanks for your reply :)

1) "Firebase push notification"
So using this drupal extension I should be able to send notification on both android and iOS app.
I miss to understand how to bind the push message sending only when a new article is inserted in drupal.

Upvote 0

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User

It is the only official way to implement FirebaseMessaging for Android and iOS

Thanks for this confirmation.
So if I understand correctly, I should follow @Erel's (Firebase Push Example) example to implement the "receiving" part.

Upvote 0

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes. Or search for an Drupalmodule available which implements just this. Don´t know if anything exists yet though. I don´t use Drupal.

There is already a drupal module that does this (and this i good).
Look at the answer from @José J. Aguilar.

Upvote 0

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
example to implement the "receiving"
Yes. Subscribe for a topic (ie “dbUpdate”) andyou will receive the push notify when you publish something with that topic.
Be sure to test first to send with the B4J attached in the example

There is already a drupal module that does this (and this i good).
Look at the answer from @José J. Aguilar.
Sorry, I don’t use Drupal, just have searched. Probably you can get help in their forum.

Upvote 0