Android Question B4X: full-functional FTP client snippet - do we have ?

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
HI, All

Do we have any debugged maximally tested FTP client code ? Full functional, with files check (by size and date) and auto sync up and down.

Seems, my FTP codes worked somehow OK recent years, but after virus troubles the mobile Internet is very overloaded, and various FTP troubles are occured, low speed, closed connections by FTP-servers...
And it needs a client code that can restore its work, process all errors that to avoid client's hang.

Last edited:

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As i can understand - the FTP client code should be one for any task:
1) setup just 3 variabes: my files local folder; remote download_folder; remote_upload_folder.
2) FTP-client shoud itself: reconnect after any trouble and sync files up (from my local folder to remote_upload_folder) and down back. Automatically.
3) And fire events about new files - when uploaded or downloaded.

Upvote 0

Brian Dean

Licensed User
Longtime User
...Silence...Strange,
Perhaps you have not received any replies because you made you request too intimidating! As you suggest, FTP is fundamentally pretty straightforward and I have always found it to be trouble-free - a pretty basic class has always been enough. But I still have a lot to learn ...

Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
pretty basic class has always been enough

:) you can check the code of my new class and find that ... it's far from to be trouble-free, if yo need to work with a lot of big files, specially over unstable mobile Internet....

Upvote 0