Android Question B4X gif viewer

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you at least searched the forum?
This has been asked (too) many times.
The imageview (B4J)control natively supports gifs, and there are classes/custom views to support them in B4A and B4i

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ykucuk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you at least searched the forum?
This has been asked (too) many times.
The imageview (B4J)control natively supports gifs, and there are classes/custom views to support them in B4A and B4i
Yes i searched. I'm looking solution for B4X (same lib for both platforms) and not webview.
is that clear enough ?

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes i searched. I'm looking solution for B4X (same lib for both platforms) and not webview.
is that clear enough ?
B4X means that you can use a single class to accommodate a custom view targeting each platform individually, so you will need to "assemble" your own custom view based on the different solutions available to each platform...
Was it clear enough?

Upvote 0

ykucuk

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4X means that you can use a single class to accommodate a custom view targeting each platform individually, so you will need to "assemble" your own custom view based on the different solutions available to each platform...
Was it clear enough?
I'm not expert user . Im not able to "assemble" my own custom view. That's why I asked if anyone else could have done this.

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you searched and you didn't find it, then it was not done before...
Try to start the creation process (its a lot of fun) and if you encounter any difficulties, ask specific questions, not just a generic "does it exist".
Only by knowing what your specific difficulty is, we can try to help you achieve your goal.
If you don't want to even try to create it yourself, then you have 2 choices;
1 - Ask in the forum if someone is willing to create one for you, just for the kicks...
2 - Go to the Business forum and launch a request, stating exactly what you want/need and how much you are willing to pay for it.
Also take into consideration that, if you go the second way, decide if it will be to make available to the forum (Most devs consider this a plus and some even lower the price), either free of charge or as donation ware (by the developer), or if you are to keep it all to yourself. in this last case, even thought you bought the final result, the code still belongs to the dev, so you are usually not aloud to re-sell it.

This answer is NOT to be taken as criticism, sarcasm, or any other form of "looking down on someone".
It is just to clarify as much as possible the choices available in this particular case.

Upvote 0