Android Tutorial B4x on Mac M1with Parallels and Windows 11 Arm

The native use of B4x on M1 CPU is not possible. But using Parallels and Windows 11 Arm makes it possible to have a perfect working development environment. With one problem: there is no JavaFX for Windows Arm. That makes a problem: B4J Applications need a pipeline for graphics rendering. That is not working. But there is a workaround: use the B4J Bridge. Install JDK11 on your Mac and open the B4J Bridge on your Mac. Copy the IP the Bridge gives out, paste it to the IDE Settings for the Bridge and all works perfect.

The same with IOS Bridge. It works perfect with the XCODE Simulator even if it is the same host.

ThorstenStueker

Licensed User
It is not the question of the JDK! It is a Question of the not available JavaFX. While iberica has a Build Microsoft has also a build. But it depends not on the build; there is no JavaFX for Arm. The most of the JavaFX Is running in emulation mode but not the visualizing pipeline. So I was doing the trick that I used for debugging the MACOS JavaFX implementation which is of coarse available on MacOS for M1.

xulihang

Licensed User
Longtime User
Liberica JDK has JavaFX built-in, so it also has ARM JavaFX builds.

ThorstenStueker

Licensed User
WOW. THANK YOU. 1000 Points. I did not know that Iberica JDK has JavaFX full blown. That is something the Maintainer of the OpenJFX was not willing to do: OpenJFX for Windows Arm. You're Welcome. Works like A CHARME!

So: all processes are running on local machine except B4I Building on a local Mac and the Simulator. Thanks so much for this.

I had to install JDKFULL 17 from Bellsoft, B4J is running without any problem with it from scratch.

Last edited: