Android Question [B4X][XUI]Views-Concept critical (for my PointOfView)

Herbert32

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all out there,

maybe you can post some hints how you handle the Development-changes in the CrossPlatform-Libraries.

Generally (compared to the before-existed Classes) I feel that there are ways to less possibilities to customize the behavior directly by given properties and methods...

So I'm mostly in need to modify the sources for which i have to extract them and put it back into the zip-archive :rolleyes: - why not making them accessible directly from the editor?

This need always brings me into trouble at updating - and they are often updated :( - I would prefer that there are not so much controls are pressed into one Module (especially [XUI]Views - meanwhile a special kind of horror for me...)

Actually for example I'm missing the .cmbbox (and following) properties from B4XComboBox....:mad:

Don't understand me wrong - I highly apreciate and welcome the possibilities which we receive for CrossPlatform-Development - But the way it happens on this way of movement spoils my lust regarding [B4X][XUI] far far away.

Maybe I'm missing some kind of understanding in general usage and someone can help me to find this understanding - but maybe I'm not alone with this more and more mixed feelings regarding the driven concept and others also are becoming more and more unhappy... - then it's maybe time to talk about...

Waiting excited for your suggestions and maybe the essential hint which brings me back to smile when seeing a new update.

:(

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Moved to the questions forum.

XUI Views is a very young library. If you have any specific question or suggestion then please post it. If you feel that it doesn't meet your requirements then don't use it. Many developers built cross platform solutions long before XUI Views was released (one month ago).

Actually for example I'm missing the .cmbbox (and following) properties from B4XComboBox....:mad:
It is not clear what you are missing.

Upvote 0

Herbert32

Licensed User
Longtime User
yes - 'absolutely for sure' :D- to see it private again during the next 10 or 27 updates - thats what I talked about :confused:

what about a possibility to get easier access to the sourcecode without 'renaming-unzipping-editing-zipping-renaming'? - is it worth to think about? - we all as Developers try to automate stupid Tasks for our customers ;)

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
yes - 'absolutely for sure' :D- to see it private again during the next 10 or 27 updates - thats what I talked about
I don't understand this comment. Why will it be private again? I'm trying to help you here. Not sure why you are being cynical. Maybe I should stop...

what about a possibility to get easier access to the sourcecode without 'renaming-unzipping-editing-zipping-renaming'?
If you need to edit the source then remove the library and use the source code directly. No need to wrap it back as a library.

Upvote 0

Herbert32

Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe you misunderstood my previous post.
Yes - I did & 'Thank You' (because that was the way I did many times now but accidently with always packing my changes back to the Library)

If you need to edit the source then remove the library and use the source code directly. No need to wrap it back as a library.
this is a suggestion for which I asked initially - by thinking a bit deeper, I can rename it and use it parallel to the next updated Library without beeing in conflict in having them duplicated declared

sometimes I don't see the nearest solution so I feel free to ask others how they do as I'm sure that especially with the [B4X][XUI]Libraries others make something different from me to stay lucky with them

Again, I'm absolutely graceful for the given Tools and its continuous improvement - I don't know any other DevToolSet which combines all the existing efforts - please keep this in mind while reading my comments

Upvote 0