B4xers who haven't tried game programming yet: Why?

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A little screenshots (a Fanorona board game)

Looks very good.

Personally I would make the color of the selectables (Korontana etc) white aswell as it will give a better contrast with that game board behind it.
Or make that orange not semi transparent but then you cover part of that board.

Toky Olivier

Licensed User
Longtime User
Personally I would make the color of the selectables (Korontana etc) white aswell as it will give a better contrast with that game board behind it.
Or make that orange not semi transparent but then you cover part of that board
Thank you @sorex. I'll try!

Eme Fibonacci

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, can you talk a little more about numbers?

€120 per month
How many games? How many downloads?

Thank you.

I liked playing your turn left game on the airplane, Ilan.

Simple yet challenging because you want to do more rounds.

The same goes for that spider game.

using xui2d or libgdx/spritekit doesn't mean that you will create a successful game.
But it makes it easier because a lot of math is done for you but it all comes to luck these days.
there are a lot of really high tech games with barely 1000 installs just because they are pushed away by those who got their fame years ago
and yes that includes the cheaters who released the same game a dozen times under a different account. (discussed before)

if you want money numbers... I'm currently around €120/month and that's with just some puzzle games. At some time when one of them was in the top 250 for Belgium/Holland for a few months it peaked upto €700+. the challege is to stay in that top 250 I guess so that you have your daily new installs/users & visibility.
When you get out of it it's mostly word of mouth suggestions or luck on searches.

Can I live from it? no. Will I be rich from it? no. But it's a nice extra and enough to pay licenses (B4X, apple ...) etc.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think 8 or 9 games both for Android and IOS but most of it comes from 1 game on each platform.

On Android around 4300 active installs. I don't know about IOS.
Download count doesn't tell anything. It's the active ones that matter.

Eme Fibonacci

Licensed User
Longtime User
with 120 euros per month I would be happy.
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
I think 8 or 9 games both for Android and IOS but most of it comes from 1 game on each platform.

On Android around 4300 active installs. I don't know about IOS.
Download count doesn't tell anything. It's the active ones that matter.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
in admob it's aboubt 3000 interstitial impressions for €3.5 but this depends heavily on click throughs. some amount of click throughs might bump it with a few euros.