Wish B4XLIB: Exclude certain classes from showing up in IDE

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It would be nice if one could keep certain classes to be exposed to the IDE. Sometimes one may have helper classes that support exposed classes, but serve no purpose onto themselves (if exposed via the IDE). I've noticed in the announcement to B4J 9.0 (https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4j-v9-00-is-available-for-download.131308/) that there is a new option available in the B4XLib, so I hope that could be extended to cover this usage scenario.

Original question on this subject: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4xlib-how-to-hide-a-class.131290/

Update:
Even though I specifically mention classes here, I also mean any other files/modules that are for internal consumption only.

Filippo

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Related wish, about a year after yours:
I think you're looking for this:

Filippo

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not sure I follow. How do you mean?

24.05.2023: Update to v1.004
- In this new version, classes/files can be excluded.
Just add the attribute "ExcludedFiles" in the file "manifest.txt" and the application excludes it from the library.

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
24.05.2023: Update to v1.004
- In this new version, classes/files can be excluded.
Just add the attribute "ExcludedFiles" in the file "manifest.txt" and the application excludes it from the library.

Sorry but you have completely misunderstood my wish.

You're talking about excluding files from the b4xlib, something easily done since day one they were introduced.

My wish was for the ability to actually include files in the b4xlib and then exclude them from being exposed in the IDE. Give my post a read again, I hope I made a reasonable explanation.

Filippo

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry but you have completely misunderstood my wish.

You're talking about excluding files from the b4xlib, something easily done since day one they were introduced.

My wish was for the ability to actually include files in the b4xlib and then exclude them from being exposed in the IDE. Give my post a read again, I hope I made a reasonable explanation.
Then I misunderstood, please forget my thread.