Wish B4xlib wth possibility to Embed .a, .xml and .jar files

Discussion in 'Bugs & wishlist' started by Alberto Iglesias, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Alberto Iglesias

Alberto Iglesias Well-Known Member Licensed User

B4xlib with possibility to Embed .a, .xml and .jar files

this will be perfect to create native/wrap libraries and encapsuled in just one file

Johan Hormaza likes this.
  2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

b4xlibs are made of B4X source code. How will you access the jar file? With inline Java?

3. Alberto Iglesias

I've thinking about to put all files in there, like dependencies and when choose this library on IDE, this .jar, .a, .h, .xml will expanded on library folder, just to put all things in just one library file

4. asales

asales Well-Known Member Licensed User

But with this, B4XLib will not be cross platform.

5. Alberto Iglesias

This is not true, because if have some process internally on IDE to split the B4a and B4i portions of each platform, on B4xlib can have some common interface making this 2 libraries internally, in one cross-platform library.

Not just using the "same" B4x code, but using two different platforms and libraries in one common library.

This is exactly Xamarin Forms Cross Libraries do! Share the same layer, but inside have libraries for two different platforms.

Is like when you using B4i, you can see just the library created (.a, .h, .xml) and if you using B4A, the IDE can see just .jar and .xml

6. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

There is very little benefit in packaging the XML and Jar file or XML and .a / .h files in the same package.

In the later case the XML files are on the PC and the .a / .h files are on the Mac, so it is not practical. In the case of B4A and B4J it is also not very useful as the jar file will need to be extracted anyway. This means that the IDE also need to check somehow whether the jar file is updated or not. The advantage of downloading a single file over downloading a single zip file is very small...

alwaysbusy likes this.
  7. Alberto Iglesias

you right, I'm thinking on this because I'm using my own mac to build!

Erel likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice