iOS Question [B4XPages] - iOS App Deployment

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi everyone,
I am faced with an urgent situation, as Apple has not approved the app (asking me generically to revive it and make it more robust) which was developed on commission from one of my (important) customers.

My client absolutely wants to launch the app (which has been developed in dual Android and iOS versions) as soon as possible, and to do so, in addition to the QRCode for the Android version (which I have already provided) he is asking me (rightly) also the QRCode for the iOS version.

Considering these 2 / 3 possible solutions, see post (#2 and #4) https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/ios-app-distribution-plan-b.136439/#post-863329, which is the quickest solution to provide a download link (in my case a QRCode) for iPhone devices ?

Thanks in advance for your (appreciated) help.
Luca.

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
It depends. If you need to install it on a few devices and you know their UDIDs then it is simplest to use a service such as OTA or a similar one.

If not then you will need to use TestFlight.

Hi Erel and thanks for your reply.
I state that the app should be distributed to iOS end users (not testers) who are part of a small Italian municipality and of which I do not know (at the moment) how many and what their UDIDs are so I imagine that the only solution (at the moment ) is possible the second that you have indicated or the TestFlight link.

Upvote 0

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
The simplest solution for you is to correct performance issues detected by the review team and deploy on AppStore. Else welcome to headache 🤕 !
So far I have resolved 75% of Apple reviewers' disputes (2/3).
The third challenge is the most difficult because they are telling me this: "Guideline 4.2.2 - Design - Minimum Functionality - We noticed that your app’s main functionality is to market your service, with limited or no user-facing interactive features or functionality. Apps that are primarily marketing materials or advertisements are not appropriate for the App Store.

For example, an app for a restaurant should offer more functionality beyond a standard mobile website that include its phone number, address, and hours. You should instead include functionality like table reservations, mobile ordering, etc. that do not currently exist on the mobile website."

This is the Android version (identical in design and functionality to the iOS one) that has already been published on the Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cutethings.android.botegapp&gl=IT

In a nutshell, I absolutely have to find a way out in order to provide a download link to my client because there is also a middle contract :-(

Last edited:
Upvote 0

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
I agree that the simplest solution is to insist and make updates until your app is approved.

Another option that should be listed here, is to ask the client to purchase an enterprise certificate. This will allow you to distribute the app outside of the app store.

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I just agreed on this course of action with my client.

Upvote 0

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
I agree that the simplest solution is to insist and make updates until your app is approved.

Another option that should be listed here, is to ask the client to purchase an enterprise certificate. This will allow you to distribute the app outside of the app store.

Erel, about this: "ask the client to purchase an enterprise certificate" - Thanks for this interesting solution, but in this case I don't think it's possible (unfortunately), because the client is a public body (not a private client) and the timing of budgeting approval for anything is biblical (to put it mildly).

Currently, to facilitate the needs of the end customer for the "very first launch of the app", I am proposing to add the QRCode of the TestFlight app to the Android QRCode, specifying two important things:

1) currently the iOS version is in Beta version.

2) However, it can be installed with a specific instructions

Of course, I also specified to the end customer that the "TestFlight" version has a duration of 90 days.
At the moment it is the only solution (in my opinion) that can satisfy the customer. I'm wrong ?

Upvote 0

Johan Hormaza

Licensed User
Longtime User
ask the client to purchase an enterprise certificate
If you already have an Apple Developer account, then you don't need to buy another account again, all you have to do is switch the account to Enterprise Developer.
You must request that change to the Apple team and then they will ask you for information from the Company.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Regarding enterprise: You should probably also research if anything needs to be done to the devices. I have some vague memory that they all need to be connected (in some way that I can't explain) to the actual enterprise. That's the key that allows those devices to get apps for the enterprise. This is all very hand-wavy from me, sorry about that. I'm just sharing bits and pieces that I heard over time.

Upvote 0

luke2012

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you already have an Apple Developer account, then you don't need to buy another account again, all you have to do is switch the account to Enterprise Developer.
You must request that change to the Apple team and then they will ask you for information from the Company.

Hi Johan! Wow! Thanks for this precious information.
Is there a specific procedure for making this request? So once this witch is done, would I solve the issue of the publication (which is currently blocked due to a dispute from the reviewers)?

Upvote 0