Android Question Background Location Tracking Problem

omo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Please, what is happening to background location tracking by Erel ? Is the problem peculiar to me alone? I have been using it for a while and has been working fine by giving accurate latitude and longitude for different locations. For about one week plus, i noticed it has stop working on my phones and other phones i used. I downloaded similar .apk from here, which worked perfectly on all phones that Background Location Tracking from the forum failed. What else can i do to make Background Location Work in all situation?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Only you can tell us what changed in the last week on your devices.

Maybe the device OS was updated. On some devices you need to whitelist the app to prevent the OS from killing it, and on some devices you cannot do anything to prevent the OS from killing the app.
For instance, my P20 had no issues with GPS accuiring when I bought it, then a month after it made a OS update, and GPS accuiring was completly useless, so no GPS nav was even possible. I found it to be a power management issue, but couldn't solve it. hen a Week ago, a new OS update, that according to details, had Nothing o do neither with pozer management, nor GPS, BUT, my GPS dunctionality is back in full!

Upvote 0

omo

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks, Erel! There was no OS update occurence at all directly or indirectly to the best of my knowledge. I tried with other phones, but still the same. I used to get the notification update: 'Tracking Location' with empty/null latitude and longitude values. I have used it in couple of apps which worked fine since you released it to the forum, but just stopped working recently. I have cleared the catch or other relevant things I could but to no success

Upvote 0