Share My Creation BallTapp!

Hi All,

Just completed an initial version of a ball juggling game.

Tap the ball(s) and avoid them hitting the ground. More balls are added and speed increased as the game progresses.

Please give some feedback (for version 2 perhaps?)

Thank you all for your time!

Cheers all!

Attachments

• startmenu.JPG
    startmenu.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 6,470
  • ingame.JPG
    ingame.JPG
    9.3 KB · Views: 347
  • BallFlip.apk
    180.8 KB · Views: 365
Last edited:

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for this!

Tried it on my HTC HD2 (800x480) and I reached a top-score of 7 :sign0060:

Two things:
1) for gameplay - when the ball starts "falling down" from the top of the screen it is quite esay to touch it because it is predictable where it starts. Try to change the start-position of the ball "horisontially". I hope it makes sense what I am trying to say. In any case, it gets more difficult once the second ball gets into action.
2) try to add some audio - for instance one sound when touching the ball and another sound when the ball hits the screen-borders.

Well done. I like it.

BTW: why does it need to access internet? For storing high-scores?

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yay! Top score of 7... i just cant get past 61... lol!

Thank you for trying and the very useful feedback.

1 - The 2nd and 3rd (once you get 15 points) balls are randomly generated in horizontal position. Probably I should add randomness for the first ball, and probably they should not drop straight down either.

2 - Yes, audio will be a good addition. Need to find some "thud" kinda sounds like what we get when we kick a ball.

As for the internet access, it is for loading admob ads. :D

Hmm... might add in future for online submission of high-scores... thanks for the idea..

Again, thank you for the very useful feedback.

Cheers!

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Well....I guess I need to try harder then - I though 7 was a real good score :)

Another thing which would be pleasing for the eyes but it might be difficult to implement (and maybe slows down the game) but I'd love to see the ball(s) rotate.

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, the few people i tried the game out on kinda panicked when the 2nd ball comes out, and totally lose it when the 3rd one is out... :D

Anyway, I am using a 320x480 device... the balls i guess are bigger on this screen. Should come out with some package for the HD versions with bigger graphics.

Rotation would be great. Will look at adding it in!

Cheers!

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,

A new version with the balls rotating as they move around is added in the first post. Hmm, now it feels better with the balls moving around.

Do give some feedback!

Thank you for your time.

Cheers!

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
New top-score = 13 :sign0060:

Yep, you got the rotation right. Much more pleasing for the eyes and perhaps also more realistic.

On 800x480 the ball is quite small and it is sometimes difficult to "be quick enough" to touch it. From your screen-picture in the first post, it looks like the ball is "bigger" on lower screen-resolutions and hence easier to touch (that is why you reached 61 and me only 13 :) ). Have you tested it in the emulator using higher screen-resolutions? Just a thought.

ssg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah, i tried it on my friend's HD device, and yes, the ball is more difficult to click for the higher resolution screens (hey, on the plus side, you have a longer way before the ball hits the bottom! hahaha...)

Trying on the emulator would not be as easy, as firstly the game runs very slow on the emulator (oh the horror! Erel, come up with a B4Emulator or something!) and secondly the clicking of a mouse does not quite reflect how it will work out on a capacitive screen's touch control.

Thank you for trying and for the very valuable feedback!