B4J Question [BANano] [SOLVED] Handling of local font files within the B4J IDE?

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ola

I have some font files that if best can just sit on the fonts folder of my distribution. Each time I copy these to my output folder but it would be best to zip them then have them unzipped to a fonts folder of the app. We already have scripts / styles for instance.

So I'm thinking, perhaps a way to add font files in the B4J IDE when developing BANano Apps. This ensures that we dont have to move in and out of development for extra resources like these.

Yes its best to use the CDN approach but at times one needs an app that will run locally without an internet connection e.g. rural area with very poor internet connection.

I've added a zip file of my used fonts as a zip file to the files tab, tweaked the BANanoPostProcessor to unzip my files after BANano.Build. The accident with this is, I unzipped the fonts folder and it was left in the Files folder of my app. This folder inside the Files tab is not liked by BANano at all, so I've learned to be careful and not have such a folder inside my Files folder, esp when that is a BANano Library compilation.

So is there a way that local distributed font files can be handled easier e.g. their own fonts folder? If not, its still fine.

Ta!