B4J Question [BANanoServer] Debugging Projects

LJG

First of all, BANano and BANanoServer are amazing. And, in regard to BANanoServer, as Alain has said, “having to program in one language has huge advantages and is what RAD is al about”. Amen.

When working on a BANano (non-BANanoServer) project, the debugging and work flow is very quick and smooth. Live code updates are made when the browser is hard refreshed and we can quickly move on to finish the project.

But working in BANanoServer is a bit different. No surprise considering that we are working in a more expanded environment that also includes the server side. Making changes and debugging on the BANanoServer browser side code and in the abstract designer almost always requires a full restart. But sometimes, I am able to get it working with a hard browser refresh … but most of the time a hard refresh never stops spinning and I have to do a full restart to get back to work.

I am curious, since sometimes a hard browser refresh works during BANanoServer debugging, if it’s possible for a future BANanoServer update to work as smoothly as plain BANano when it comes to the live debugging process. Just a thought.

Also, BANanoServer users, please share your experience and thoughts about using BANanoServer in real work and debugging scenario. Again, I am asking because BANano and BANanoServer are amazing and I would like to see this great work continue into the future, thank you.