B4J Question [BANanoVuetifyAD] java.io.FileNotFoundException - manifest.txt

LJG

Issue running the BANanoVuetifyAD template. For some reason, the manifest.txt file keeps populating in "C:\Users\DT911\DOCUME~1\B4J PROJECTS\BananoVAD3_Test\BananoVAD3_Test\B4J\Objects\b4xlibs_BANano\bananovuetifyad3\" rather than in the "C:\Users\DT911\DOCUME~1\B4J PROJECTS\BananoVAD3_Test\BananoVAD3_Test\B4J\Objects\b4xlibs_BANano\bananovuetifyad3\B4J\" folder where java.io expects it to be. All I am getting is a blank page in the browser.

Starting to transpile...
Building C:\xampp\htdocs\bvad3\scripts\app.js
Processing b4xlib: bananovuetifyad3
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\DT911\DOCUME~1\B4J PROJECTS\BananoVAD3_Test\BananoVAD3_Test\B4J\Objects\b4xlibs_BANano\bananovuetifyad3\B4J\manifest.txt (The system cannot find the file specified)
at java.base/java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
at java.base/java.io.FileInputStream.open(FileInputStream.java:219)
at java.base/java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:157)
at java.base/java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:112)
at java.base/java.io.FileReader.<init>(FileReader.java:60)
at com.ab.banano.BANano.ProcessB4XLib(Unknown Source)
at com.ab.banano.BANano.a(Unknown Source)
at com.ab.banano.BANano.a(Unknown Source)
at com.ab.banano.BANano.Build(Unknown Source)
at b4j.example.main._appstart(main.java:155)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.runMethod(Shell.java:632)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.raiseEventImpl(Shell.java:234)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.raiseEvent(Shell.java:167)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.BA.raiseEvent2(BA.java:91)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.ShellBA.raiseEvent2(ShellBA.java:98)
at anywheresoftware.b4a.BA.raiseEvent(BA.java:78)
at b4j.example.main.start(main.java:38)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication1$9(LauncherImpl.java:846)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runAndWait$12(PlatformImpl.java:455)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$10(PlatformImpl.java:428)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$11(PlatformImpl.java:427)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:96)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$runLoop$3(WinApplication.java:174)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, in normal circumstances, this should not be happening. BVAD3 does not generate any manifest file.

Q. Are you using the latest BVAD3 library? https://github.com/Mashiane/BANanoVuetifyAD3/blob/main/External Libraries/BANanoVuetifyAD3.b4xlib
Q. Is this copied to the Additional Libraries folder?
Q. Are you using the latest version of BANano?
Q. Which project in the tutorials are you exploring / creating your own project?

Please note if you compile the library yourself, DO NOT COMPILE TO LIBRARY, just run the BVAD3 project.

Upvote 0

LJG

Thank you for your quick reply and assistance.

Q. Are you using the latest BVAD3 library? https://github.com/Mashiane/BANanoVuetifyAD3/blob/main/External Libraries/BANanoVuetifyAD3.b4xlib
A: Yes, using version 4.11
Q. Is this copied to the Additional Libraries folder?
A. Yes ... but BANanoVuetifyAD3.b4xlib was not copied to the correct folder within the Additional Libraries folder. Once I moved the BANanoVuetifyAD3.b4xlib file to the correct sub-folder within the Additional Libraries folder, this [RESOLVED] this issue. But I still do not see anything populate in the browser due to another issue. I will create another thread for the new issue with hopes that you can also help me with that one ... thank you.
Q. Are you using the latest version of BANano?
A: Using BANano 6.59
Q. Which project in the tutorials are you exploring/creating your own project?
A: Just trying to get the bare-bones BVAD3 template to work.

Upvote 0

LJG

I just noted you are using xampp, we use laragon over here far more easier to set up personally. Anyway, try and change the \ to // for the publish folder variable for xampp in main.

Also ensure that your config.properties serverip is pointing you to the right location.

Thank you, the issue was the backward slash. Javascript does not like "\x". This issue is [RESOLVED]. Thank you very much for your help. Also, I do not seem to have permission to edit the title to include the [Resolved] tag in the title caption.

Upvote 0