Banned from AdMob, anyone?

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you want to know about Adbuddiz report? It doesn't show ECPM but Impressions and Earning.
I used Adbuddiz and StartApp in this ways: Adbuddiz for apps on Google store, StartApp for apps on 3rd stores so it's hard to compare which is better.

MarcTG

Licensed User
Longtime User
Do you want to know about Adbuddiz report? It doesn't show ECPM but Impressions and Earning.
I used Adbuddiz and StartApp in this ways: Adbuddiz for apps on Google store, StartApp for apps on 3rd stores so it's hard to compare which is better.
So can you share impressions and earnings? We can calculate the eCPM; ecpm=earnings x 1000/impressions. If you compare the value you calculate from adbuddiz to interstitial ecpm from startapp then you will know which interstitial earns more, that's the only way to compare... I've done that myself and found startapp to be a lot better.
FYI, I don't work for startapp :)

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, I understand. However, AdBuddiz's report is poor too. It's only show 2 charts Revenues and Views, I need to move the mouse over to show the value. I can't generate full report to share to you.
Honestly, I like AdBuddiz more than StartApp because their interstitial ads more beautiful and less annoying than StartApp's ads. I don't know why but I feel that StartApp is something shady. Of course, it's just my thought.

MarcTG

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, I understand. However, AdBuddiz's report is poor too. It's only show 2 charts Revenues and Views, I need to move the mouse over to show the value. I can't generate full report to share to you.
Honestly, I like AdBuddiz more than StartApp because their interstitial ads more beautiful and less annoying than StartApp's ads. I don't know why but I feel that StartApp is something shady. Of course, it's just my thought.

Ok I understand, I am not trying push startapp on you :)
The only reason I am bringing this up is because you mentioned that you had a million downloads + recurring users, yet the maximum earnings you have are $30 per day. I strongly recommend that you switch ad network, I agree that AdBuddiz has very nice looking ads (that's why I used it), but any other ad network would give you much higher earnings. For instance, try appbrain, they are similar to AdBuddiz in that they pay you per install, but they have a much higher earnings + simple analytics. Appbrain's sdk is google complaint and there is nothing shady about them.

Good luck :)

Last edited:

achtrade

Licensed User
Longtime User
can we use startapp and adbuddiz with b4a ?, can we publish our app using these 2 adnetwork in google play ?

eSolution

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've had a developer account and wallet suspended but not the AdMob account. Not sure what that is all about.
What did you do in your situation? I had my dev acc suspended 3 days ago, how can I make new ones and can I use my current admob acc with the new dev acc? (will they catch me and suspend the new dev acc and/or admob acc?) ... what is your experience with that?

WAZUMBi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Unfortunately you probably will be unable to create a new account yourself.
It will be suspended almost immediately.
Perhaps you can have a trusted friend or relative create one. You will have to be careful.

The account must be created from a different IP and computer.
Do not use the same keystore.
You will not be able to upload ANY of the apps from your suspended account. They will know...:mad:
Your only hope to stay on Google Play is to do all this but only with new apps.

As for me, I have several Google Play accounts. They only suspended one of them.
I suspect the other accounts will be flagged once I attempt to update or upload a new app.

I have intentionally left these other accounts alone and will do so for at least six months before uploading anything new.
Even then I will take the before mentioned precautions such as changing the keytore and updating from a different IP and computer.

For now I am relying on the Google Play alternatives like Mobango, Opera, and Amazon.

I am assuming they have not touched my AdMob account because that was actually created three years ago and is linked to my AdSense account that
was created over six years ago for website ads. Both from different IP's and computers than what the Google Play account was created on.

eSolution

Licensed User
Longtime User
Unfortunately you probably will be unable to create a new account yourself.
It will be suspended almost immediately.
Perhaps you can have a trusted friend or relative create one. You will have to be careful.

The account must be created from a different IP and computer.
Do not use the same keystore.
You will not be able to upload ANY of the apps from your suspended account. They will know...:mad:
Your only hope to stay on Google Play is to do all this but only with new apps.

As for me, I have several Google Play accounts. They only suspended one of them.
I suspect the other accounts will be flagged once I attempt to update or upload a new app.

I have intentionally left these other accounts alone and will do so for at least six months before uploading anything new.
Even then I will take the before mentioned precautions such as changing the keytore and updating from a different IP and computer.

For now I am relying on the Google Play alternatives like Mobango, Opera, and Amazon.

I am assuming they have not touched my AdMob account because that was actually created three years ago and is linked to my AdSense account that
was created over six years ago for website ads. Both from different IP's and computers than what the Google Play account was created on.

I have made a new account 3 days ago... is made from a new Ip, new email, new credit card ... but was made on the same laptop that I use day by day (but I cleaned everything with ccleaner before and I used a different browser) So far the account is up and ok but I did not uploaded any app. I plan to upload from a different computer with new installed windows 8 and new android SDK and so on ... And I plan to modify my apps, my key for every app, design and title ... also I plan to upload all the videos that I refer in the apps on my own new youtube channel ...

On the other hand, how is working on the networks that are gplay alternatives for you? do you get installs? I have accounts on all of them but I did not used any of them, I want to upload my apps there...

WAZUMBi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Idunno. This may work but...
I have read that Google scans for patterns in the code and can match newly updated apps to recently suspended accounts and apps.
Just a thought...

Opera is by far the best market out there right now in my opinion.
SlideME is also good however they can be a pain in the patootie when it comes to approving apps. They nit-pick every detail.
In fact I have been barred from uploading any new apps to SlideME until I submit a paid one. :confused:

I get marginal response from Mobango and Aptiode and almost nothing from Amazon.
They are still viable alternatives and it doesn't hurt to take advantage of their services.

AppJAR? - Just plain confusing and annoying. I have given up on them for now.

1Mobile and AndroidPIT - the verdict is still out...

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am assuming they have not touched my AdMob account because that was actually created three years ago and is linked to my AdSense account that was created over six years ago for website ads. Both from different IP's and computers than what the Google Play account was created on.

My developer account and Admob account created by the same computer, same IP but they only killed my developer account. My Admob account is still alive. I believe the reason Google didn't kill it is my Admob account still making money for me and for Google too.

eSolution

Licensed User
Longtime User
Idunno. This may work but...
I have read that Google scans for patterns in the code and can match newly updated apps to recently suspended accounts and apps.
Just a thought...

Opera is by far the best market out there right now in my opinion.
SlideME is also good however they can be a pain in the patootie when it comes to approving apps. They nit-pick every detail.
In fact I have been barred from uploading any new apps to SlideME until I submit a paid one. :confused:

I get marginal response from Mobango and Aptiode and almost nothing from Amazon.
They are still viable alternatives and it doesn't hurt to take advantage of their services.

AppJAR? - Just plain confusing and annoying. I have given up on them for now.

1Mobile and AndroidPIT - the verdict is still out...

Do you make any advertizing for your apps or just common sense SEO in the description like in Google Play? How do you get noticed on opera store and SlideMe??

WAZUMBi

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've tried paying for ads with AdMob a little. It really does work if you have the money.
My app, Match Block, would average 40-50 downloads a day with advertising and maybe 4 or 5 without.

With Opera and SlideME they use a more simplistic search algorithm than Google Play.
Simply put, the newest apps show up first. I don't think they take into consideration ratings or downloads at all.
This means that when you first publish you app it is at the top of the list and gradually moves on down.

The one BIG advantage with SlideME is that they post your app on all of their social pages including Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.

MarcTG

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've tried paying for ads with AdMob a little. It really does work if you have the money.
My app, Match Block, would average 40-50 downloads a day with advertising and maybe 4 or 5 without.

With Opera and SlideME they use a more simplistic search algorithm than Google Play.
Simply put, the newest apps show up first. I don't think they take into consideration ratings or downloads at all.
This means that when you first publish you app it is at the top of the list and gradually moves on down.

The one BIG advantage with SlideME is that they post your app on all of their social pages including Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.

Since last week opera redirects all downloads to Google play... Moreover, I have had many people confirm to me that the number of downloads shown on opera is fake. So if your app receives a 1000 downloads, then you probably really got 10-50. How do I know? I am using appbrain SDK which tracks downloads and their source (google play vs non-googleplay).
As far as SlideME, they are horrible. I submitted an app at the end of November which got denied because they thought that i was using permissions not required by the ad network (of course that is not true). I updated it and have you to get it reviewed again...

can we use startapp and adbuddiz with b4a ?, can we publish our app using these 2 adnetwork in google play ?

Yes you can, the easiest way to do it is to get the most updated Library from forum users... Be careful not to use older libraries on Google play.

Here is an answer from appbrain !! regarding publicity id compliance
Hi,

we currently have no direct support for it. However there are developers who are using it with basic4android. for example here:

http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/appbrain-another-monetization-option.13197/

Thanks,
Uwe Maurer

Appbrain is fully complaint with Google Play and has been using the advertising ID since v10.1 released on June 6
https://github.com/swisscodemonkeys/appbrain-sdk

WAZUMBi

Licensed User
Longtime User
Since last week opera redirects all downloads to Google play
:confused: I have a few apps on Opera that are not on Google Play.
They are downloadable...

Opera is linked to a few other markets (Yandex and Nokia) which may explain some discrepancies in downloads.

I agree, SideMe can be very difficult to work with. They are overly picky and scrutinize literally every detail.
They once denied my app because they said the version name was too "wordy".

As far as AppBrain... Completely worthless, unreliable, and unfair in my opinion.
I value their opinion about as much as I value Ashton Kutcher's likeness to Steve Jobs.
I don't appreciate being labeled a deliberate spammer.
If you don't like my apps then uninstall them, leave negative feedback, and move on.
Leave it to the user to rate apps.
AppBrain takes it upon themselves to publicly shame, shut out, and put down independent developers.

MarcTG

Licensed User
Longtime User
:confused: I have a few apps on Opera that are not on Google Play.
They are downloadable...

Opera is linked to a few other markets (Yandex and Nokia) which may explain some discrepancies in downloads..

Opera just redirects people to other stores, most people have google play. If someone has yandex, it goes there... Nokia store will be closing soon. Try to download your app from them now, it probably no longer works, I tried it and it did not work for me... I was also informed about this by Airpush.

:confused:
As far as AppBrain... Completely worthless, unreliable, and unfair in my opinion.
I value their opinion about as much as I value Ashton Kutcher's likeness to Steve Jobs.
I don't appreciate being labeled a deliberate spammer.
If you don't like my apps then uninstall them, leave negative feedback, and move on.
Leave it to the user to rate apps.
AppBrain takes it upon themselves to publicly shame, shut out, and put down independent developers.

Where do you see all that? Are you sure that we are talking about the same thing? To my knowledge Appbrain does the following:
- Applift SDK that can be used as an adnetwork. Their adnetwork pays based on installs and not clicks or impression
- Copies everything else from google, including reviews and ratings. The score people see on their website is based on Google play rating and their own...
- Provides analysis for your app listing...
- Probably one of the cheapest cpi campaigns that many android developers use

Last edited:

WAZUMBi

Licensed User
Longtime User
My entire Google Play account along with ALL of my apps have been labeled as spam by AppBrain...
They did this based on the fact that I have "too many apps" so therefore they must be spam.

I just recently added three apps to Opera that are not on Google Play. No I have not tried to downlad them directly. I will check it out in the next few days.

WAZUMBi

Licensed User
Longtime User
It appears you are correct about Opera.
I cannot directly download any apps that are not on Google Play.

Curious?
Opera still allows me to add apps that are not on Google Play.

I am assuming this has something to do with the upcoming changes in the European tax laws...

I do not live in in Europe and therefore am not familiar with the tax and exchange laws but this has affected many markets.

What a shame.

I can now conclude that the Opera App Store is dead... :(