B4A Library Barcode Scanner - Wrapper for Manatee Works SDK

I have created a wrapper for the ManateeWorks SDK. You can download the APK from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mp3wqayepuxj9e2/manteeb4awrapper.apk?dl=0

I have registered for evaluation purposes that are valid until 17 July 2017. My licence key has been hardcoded in the library.

This is the only barcode scanner that I have come across thus far that can read DotCode type 2D barcodes.

Other than being able to read DotCode barcodes it will also read other 2D barcodes including Maxicode, PDF417, Aztec codes, Datamatix, QRcodes, etc. and of course it also reads 1D barcodes.

Not sure if it will work for you (due to the registration...?) but I have tested it on 2 different devices and it seems to be working.

I have in my B4A code allowed for continuous scanning (not included in the APK) or for single scanning.

Please test and let me know if it is working on your device(s)

The DotCode below contains the following message:
Hello B4A. This is an example of a 2D DotCode type barcode

Visit this page to test the various barcode types (1D and 2D) that it will be able to read. It will even read ISBN 13 + 5 and ISSN +2 (and a lot more...)

Library:
ManteeWorks
Author:
Johan
Version: 1
  • ManteeWorks1
    Events:
    • result (atype as String , Value as String)
    Methods:
    • BeginScan (EventName As String)
    Permissions:
    • android.hardware.camera
    • android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION
    • android.permission.CAMERA
    • android.permission.INTERNET
    • android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE
    Properties:
    • ContinuousScanning As Boolean [write only]
    • Key As String [write only]

barcode (1).gif

Last edited:

Xfood

Expert
Licensed User
the cost of the permanent key ?, can I use them for all my apps and on all the devices where I use this lib?

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
the cost of the permanent key ?, can I use them for all my apps and on all the devices where I use this lib?
No idea what the cost is - check on their website. Cannot remember what Android SDK's are supported. Will probably be mentioned somewhere on their website as well