Votes: 1 11.1%
  • LibGdx

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Johnmcenroy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello
Sorry that i post here. But I found an interesting program by GameCreators - App Game Kit (uses DarkBasic similar to VisualBasic 6.0). But the main purpose of it - is to develop games (Windows, MacOs, iOS, Android, BlackBerry).There are a lot of examples if you download trial. It looks very similar to B4A. Maybe there are some ideas or what else useful to impement here . Just interesting to compare them.

Thanks

Last edited:

latch

Licensed User
Longtime User
A game isn't going to be simple in any language because you have to have the logic and math driving it and deal with every little detail. Beside that, just because it's hard doesn't mean its not worth doing.

I like b4a and accelerated surface. I whipped up Hail of Gunfire in less than 3 weeks using those.

Johnmcenroy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Woderful game. Thanks for sharing.
What I mean about simplicity is that using full featured game engine (Box2D , Particles , Collisions and so on) is far more simple that coding directly on OpenGL.

A game isn't going to be simple in any language because you have to have the logic and math driving it and deal with every little detail. Beside that, just because it's hard doesn't mean its not worth doing.

I like b4a and accelerated surface. I whipped up Hail of Gunfire in less than 3 weeks using those.

Johnmcenroy

Licensed User
Longtime User

walterf25

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks

Hey guys, thanks for providing all this different names of different frameworks, I've checked out a few of them and i'm giving emo a try, it looks very easy to use, I have been thinking about buying corona SDK to port some of my android apps to iphone. Gideros is free and is the same thing as corona SDK, the only and big difference is that is free, wow, i'm definitely giving this a try, thanks all.

cheers,
Walter

Johnmcenroy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I read a lot about these engines last days and it seems that Gideros is far more faster than Corona SDK. With Gideros you can do live coding with ZeroBrane Studio and also Gideros has Gideros Android Player to view instantly your game through wifi on Android , same for iOS , also Gideros exports projects into Eclipse or xCode so you can compile offline. and Corona SDK compiles on servers. Also take a look at MOAI - it maybe the most powerful of all and completely free. Double Fine Adventure by Tim Schafer is made with MOAI. Yes Emo is very interesting. I didn't know about it.

Hey guys, thanks for providing all this different names of different frameworks, I've checked out a few of them and i'm giving emo a try, it looks very easy to use, I have been thinking about buying corona SDK to port some of my android apps to iphone. Gideros is free and is the same thing as corona SDK, the only and big difference is that is free, wow, i'm definitely giving this a try, thanks all.

cheers,
Walter

AlDim

Licensed User
Longtime User
Long time ago i was working with game maker. I check it and now he can make games for many platforms with the same source. I think that it would also be on the list. Now cause i am checking game engines, unity is the best by far (until now from my checkings) cause its a solid package that have it all, but it cost too much.... :(
Game maker should be on the list also and i will check more engines to give information.

Last edited:

Johnmcenroy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Game Maker is great but is more visual tool for design games. Among them also great: Construct 2 , Stencyl , GameSalad , Multimedia Fusion 2.

Long time ago i was working with game maker. I check it and now he can make games for many platforms with the same source. I think that it would also be on the list. Now cause i am checking game engines, unity is the best by far (until now from my checkings) cause its a solid package that have it all, but it cost too much.... :(
Game maker should be on the list also and i will check more engines to give information.