Basic4PPC and Net CF 2.0

JJM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

Somebody could help me?

From 2 days I can't use any program write with Basic4PPC if in it there are serial instructions (for example Autodet2). I get an error message saying to me, in french :'Une exception native s'est produite...' ->details execption code 0x00000005, exception address 0x011d8fc8, reading 0x00000004.
So i have empty my PPC and if I haven't in the PPC Net CF 2.0 I can use with no problem at all my programs and of course Autodet2 and if reload Net CF 2.0 if get again the same error message.

Best regards
JJM

Steve

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't have a solution to the problem, but I have tested and confirmed the bug on my HTC Apache. This appears to be the cause of the serial port crash I reported several weeks ago on the forum. Note: the crash occurs even when the compiled application explicitly uses .netCF2.0.

JJM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I think I have found the cause of the error: I have put a my_app.exe.config in the directory where my_app is and this my_app has no need NET2 so I have make a conflict with the version 1.1 and version 2 of NET CE. I have erased my-app.exe.config and all is fine.

Has somebody an other solution?

JJ M

Last edited:

Steve

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

This is discouraging news. I am writing an application that aims to alert me to my surroundings by using a bluetooth GPS receiver and an SQLite database containing street and location data. Does this mean that I will have to pick either realtime GPS reception or the ability to use SQLite for this application? Would compiling a version of the serial library specific to .netCF2.0 make any difference in this situation?

- All my best,
- Steve

Steve

Licensed User
Longtime User
My program runs when the config file is not present on the device. However, once I add the SQLite functionality, I will need to return the config file to the app's directory to use the database. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Steve

Steve

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK. I look forward to future improvements to the serial library. Right now, though, I can successfully pull XML data from geonames.org and determine my location, speed, and nearby intersection using nothing but Basic4PPC. For this ability alone, I have to thank you for making the necessary tools available at such a minimal cost. As a blind pedestrian, I am eager to decrease the program's reliance on the internet, but for now I will content myself with what I have achieved.

Thanks,
Steve

JJM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,
I'm using 2.0.6129.0 version of NET Framework.

Best regards

JJM

JJM

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

With the version 2.0.7045.0 the error is fixed.

Thanks

JJ M

mantex

Licensed User
Hello

With WM6 and HTC-P3300 i have the same problem. Any Solution please?
Sorry for my bad English!!!

Mantex:(

Put Claude

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

As info: My Acer n300 (WM5) will not work with .Net CF 2.0. and the serial2.dll,
have to stick with net1...

Put Claude Belgium