Basic4ppc Milestones

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Basic4ppc version 5.80 will be released in a week or two.
This version will add support for Smartphones.
There won't be a Smartphone IDE but rather you will be able to compile your applications to Smartphone executables.
Bug fixes and other smaller improvements will also be included.

Version 6.00 which will be released a couple of months later will focus on performance.
I can't promise now but if everything goes as planned performance will be boosted putting Basic4ppc applications close to C# / VB .Net applications (again, we will have to wait for the real results).

The price of Basic4ppc will probably rise in the near future, so if you are thinking of buying Basic4ppc, now is a good time to do so ;)

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I can't promise now but if everything goes as planned performance will be boosted putting Basic4ppc applications close to C# / VB .Net applications (again, we will have to wait for the real results).
Excellent news - really, really excellent! Any improvement will be welcome as the performance differential is enormous at the moment. Even a quarter or an eighth of the performance of C#/VB would be great and probably entirely adequate. Although performance doesn't matter for a lot of device apps those driven by, and hence constrained by, timers could get more done!

You must be totally revamping the runtime -I'm looking forward to some interesting bugs and maybe the odd incompatibility with old code? :)

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Great news...

Looking foward to both versions....

will the designer be improved in any way? (like having the left,top,width,heigth prop in the device?

BjornF

Licensed User
Longtime User
Prices

Dear Erel,

Sorry if this is off topic, but I believe there are many in my situation who might be interested in this.

What are the different (price/upgrade) options for buying Basic4ppc? (I already have a license but the "cheap one", i.e. free upgrades for a year which is running out.)

On the website the only options seem to be either a new "one-year upgrade" license, or a "three-year upgrade" license. Is there a rebate if I want to either buy a new one-year upgrade license or a three-year upgrade license?

all the best / Björn

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
When the next version will be released, customers who've purchased Basic4ppc more than a year ago will receive a discount offer (for both versions).

That's brilliant news, I look forward to renewing my license in the not to distant future.

Regards,
RandomCoder.