Android Question Battery and sound/shake

DPaul

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I'm developing an tablet app. (Samsung, Galaxy 2011)
One requirement is that I have to be very economic with battery life since using the app
may take several hours, uninterrupted.
(Yes, I will also look into external battery packs and find out if they work with my galaxy tablet)

Here is my "android" question: After each transaction, the user needs to receive a warning either
by playing a sound, or by some device shake action.
Am I right in assuming that sound will be much more battery economic than shake?( ratio ?)
If i can find out how to play char #7 (good old bell sound) that would be enough, if that is audible
through a small head phone...

Paul

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
If i can find out how to play char #7 (good old bell sound) that would be enough, if that is audible
You can use Beeper from the Audio library. Make sure to reuse the same object each time.

I do not know whether there is a significant difference in the power consumption.

Try to make the screen brightness as low as possible.

Upvote 0

DPaul

Licensed User
Longtime User
You can use Beeper from the Audio library. Make sure to reuse the same object each time.

I do not know whether there is a significant difference in the power consumption.

Try to make the screen brightness as low as possible.

Thx, i saw that there is something like a beep(int,int) , but cannot find any trace in beginner's nor user guide, nor code snippets guide.
I'm sure ill find it on the internet :) Shouldn't there be a comprehensive manual in pdf form, or do i buy a book?

Paul

Upvote 0

DPaul

Licensed User
Longtime User
Say no more, it Beeps !

Audio library, int 1 = duration, int 2 = freq.
No i have to find a pleasant combination, that does not drive the user crazy :)

Upvote 0