Benefit of working with a 43'' monitor

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4A_N6nsWdgb4y.png

It takes a while to get used to, but the ability to see 5 windows at once is really great.

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have two, one 32" and other 24.5"... currently thinking about one more.
There is no things like, to many monitors, to many ram or to big HDD.

alwaysbusy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
supports picture in picture mode
THAT is really cool! I've been using PiP tool (https://github.com/LionelJouin/PiP-Tool) to follow the Tour the France livestream last month while I was programming. You just select any part of the screen you want to follow and it appears in Pip mode.

Also very handy if you are following one of the B4X video courses...:)

b4xcourse.jpg

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I also have 34 monitor. The only thing to be aware of is the resolution, text is so much smaller so in many programs, especially IDEs I had to increase the font size but then I am 50+ of course :)
Apart from that, a big monitor is just great.

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice one Erel,
I'm always in the move, so I have a couple of rucksacks both with laptops and 2nd external screens. All screens are 1080p and allow me to work absolutely anywhere as long as I have a power socket.

Developing on one of my laptops...
development.jpg

Laptop, external screen, power supply etc etc etc stored in my rucksack...
rs.jpg

Enjoy...

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It takes a while to get used to, but the ability to see 5 windows at once is really great.
I've been using a Dell P2415Q for about a year, which seems to be pretty much like your screen. It's really a game changer to have that much screen real estate! (And B4X was actually a driving factor here, it's so good to have B4A open on one side of the screen, and B4i on the other.)

It's actually so good that I'm thinking that the next time I upgrade I might go for the same size as I have now, but one of the models that I can turn 90 degrees to make it higher than it is wide. And then have three of them, side by side. *drool*

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not sure that I can carry with me the 43'' screen but it is an interesting idea to get a small portable screen to go with the laptop.
I think LG is working on it now, for it :)
LG has a 65-inch TV you can roll up like a poster and take with you
(no link here, as do not know if allowed or not, can google for it)

Regards,

Anand

D

Deleted member 103

I had three monitors. One connected to a Mac and two connected to a PC. All three were replaced with this one.
A nice thing about this monitor is that it supports picture in picture mode. I can show or hide the Mac screen with a keyboard shortcut.
It is not only practical but also energy efficient. ;)

imbault

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4A_N6nsWdgb4y.png

Hi Erel,
I’m on the way to do the same thing, which brand and model did you bought?
Thanks
Patrick

MarkusR

Licensed User
Longtime User
i have 2 full HD beside but i like to have one 4k :)

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I like the size but the problem for me would be that the dpi of the screen is 104 which is pretty close to the old Windows standard of 96dpi. I have got used to using two 192dpi screens at 200% scaling which look so much better when editing text that I don't think I could stand going back to lower dpi screens.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I like the size but the problem for me would be that the dpi of the screen is 104 which is pretty close to the old Windows standard of 96dpi. I have got used to using two 192dpi screens at 200% scaling which look so much better when editing text that I don't think I could stand going back to lower dpi screens.
I'm not sure that there are high DPI monitors at that size. It will need to be 8K+.

You'll end up with half a whiplash from looking left/right like watching a tennis match all day.
True. But I count it as exercise time so it is actually another benefit :)