Android Question Best P2P Method Between Android and iPhone

swabygw

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would like to build a wallet app (not crypto-coin stuff) to pass data from an Android device to an iPhone device using a P2P method. I would also like to build both apps, the Android app and the iPhone app, using B4A and B4i. It should work smoothly, like how contactless payments work, that it can be activated by proximity or by opening the app, and detecting/selecting recipients. I've read some on NFC, Beam, and WiFi Direct, but what would be the simplest method compatible to both devices?

Last edited:

swabygw

Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks like a good solution, particularly because I could use this: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/bluetooth-rssi-signal-strenth.43019/#post-261068 to estimate the distance and figure out which device is in closest proximity. If the app was running on both phones, they could do a "handshake" and send/receive data in an automated manner. But would the users have to go through the process of pairing the phones? My idea was to have the phones transmit data immediately after two-three seconds in close proximity (like contact-less payments), meaning that the users of the phones wouldn't have to set up or remove the pairing. For example:

If (signal_strength > threshold) And (time_in_zone > 3 seconds) Then
Automatically send/accept data - without users having to manually pair​
End If

Last edited:
Upvote 0