B4J Question Best solution for transferring database content from windows mssql server to linux mysql

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

I have to use a Windows 2019 server and mssql to get a data feed from company. My main servers are linux and using mysql. I am thinking of using a b4j solution on windows server to transfer this data from mssql to my linux server's mysql database. I think this can be used ( https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...stgresql-mariadb-and-oracle-databases.107545/) to connect to localhsot on windows server with mssql and transfer the data to a remote linux servers mysql again using the asme solution's mysql connector ?

Is this ok or what other better solutions can be done ?

Thanks

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I recently faced an identical challenge, and I almost solved it your way, @tufanv .

I try to keep my production server environment as lean and simple as possible, and adding a B4J solution there would mean increasing the complexity for me. Instead I wrote a lovely little B4J app that the customer had no problem (technical or otherwise) running on their database server. It selects the required data, transforms it into json, and then upload it with a POST to my internet-accessible servers, which in turn process the json and update the MySQL database. Works like a charm.

This way no sensitive database services are exposed on the net, it's just a textfile being transferred between two computers. Nice and simple.

That said, If I already had a machine running a B4J solution, and I (and the customer) was relaxed about exposing a database server on the net, I would absolutely do what Erel suggested.

Upvote 0