bible reader

hi,

I'm a new member and also a newbie:sign0104: to developing applications for ppc. I was just wondering, could any of you be kind enough to teach me what to do with my little project. I would like to create a bible reader application for ppc wm5. but I'm not sure how to start? Sorry about this, as I said I'm really a :sign0104:. Thanks in advance.

willisgt

Licensed User
I take it that you have the text you want to display already in some format. How is it stored - a single text file, series of text files, database, etc.?

Gary

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You will have to set some kind of program flow chart, and set the way the text is stored (format) and how you would like to show it....
For example, if you store it in text files, you will have a sub, dealing with the load/show of the correct fragment of text...
You you choose to go with an HTTP file the your code is much simpler, as almost everyting you need is to show the http file, and the code is executed inside it...

Try to image that You ARE in fact writing the Bible for the First time, and think of the steps the readeer will need to execute to read the text...

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hardly....Unless you can came up with a dll to manage the files....
chm are especially formated xml files....

chm files

Wow you guys are really fast in posting replies. How about the HTML? Can you give me a sample code on how to do that? I am really sorry for the trouble.:sign0013: