Games Billiard Game (Just the Beginning!)

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
i think i have an idea for a new billiard game. more simple but fun. a nice time killer and not something with to much work
That could work. I don't play many games. Mainly because they are mostly too involved. You have to spend too much time building something to advance, or amassing credits etc. A game that you can pickup, play for half an hour without having to spend days preparing would be my choice.

I know that all this target setting, chasing scores, improving equipment is a psychological thing to keep someone playing for longer, but it just makes me uninstall it.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Personally, for mobile games, I prefer pool type games to be 2D, not 3D. 3D for pool on mobile feels like a gimmick. Look at some other good examples of 2D working better:

I also agree with you. the benefit of 2d games is also that they don't take too much space on your device and they normally run very fast.
I like to play cod mobile. the problem is that each month they put a new update on the store and they force you to update. the game download size is about 2.7GB.
so you can imagine that on each update I start thinking should I or should I not?!
I also like simple games and in 2d you can make really awesome and simple games.

actually, this project started only as a challenge for me to get the 3d spinning animation for the ball without using 1000 sprites possibilities and I managed to do it even with 0 sprites. all is done in code. then I started to think about how can I make a simple game out of what I have and I am working now on something.
I said it once and I guess I will say it again and again. I love working with iSpritekit. it's much simpler than any other game engine and it's very powerful. I would recommend anyone to learn it and make awesome 2d games with it.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I know that all this target setting, chasing scores, improving equipment is a psychological thing to keep someone playing for longer, but it just makes me uninstall it.

we live in a world that we need always to compete with everyone and be at least number one. this starts in kindergarden then school and then at work. always competition.
this is why games that are multiplayer or with scoreboards are popular. people want to have the filling they are better than others in something. games are for a long time not only to kill time and have fun. sadly!