Android Question BillingManager3 basic questions

drj

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am in the process of implementing an in-app purchase and have been studying the questions and tutorial quite a bit. There are a few items that are not clear at this time.

1. Routine manager_OwnedProducts(success as Boolean , purchases as map)

I assume that this routine returns Boolean success telling me that it found that I had or had not found that the current users owns an in-app purchase. For example, it there has been only one in-app purchase defined for this app in Google Play then I can assume that the user has purchased it if success is true.

Can you tell me what p.Productid is? is this a string returned from the Billing Manager giving me that name of the in-app purchase?

I assume that p.Purchased = p.STATE_PURCHASED means that the user has purchased this product although I can find no reference to p.STATE_PURCHASED in any documentation.

2. I have implemented the purchasing of the in-app purchase in another activity - I assume it is ok to reference the Main activity in calling the BillManager routines - so my call looks like this

Main.manager.RequestPayment(Main.Productid, Main.Producttype, Main.DeveloperPayload)

I have defined Productid , Productstype and DeveloperPayload as strings in Process Globals in my main routine.

Is this correct? and this leads to my third question

3. Calling Main.manager.RequestPayment(Main.Productid,Main.Producttype, Main.DeveoperPayload)

are the variables Productid , Producttype and DeveloperPayload returned from the BillingManager or do I have to supply them?

What are the definitions of these variables and how do I use them.

How can I tell that the in-app has been successfully purchased by the user? is there anything returned from this call to indicate a successful purchase

or do I have to call manager_OwnProducts again after I have made to call manager.RequestPayment

The interface seems very simple , the problem is that there is no documentation or working example to see.

Can you help me?

Thanks

Jerry

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…