Lakhtin_V

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello, I'm trying to create an application to recognize singing birds. I want to record a short sample of chirps and then search for it in the stream of sounds from the microphone. What libraries or examples can help me solve this problem? Probably my task is similar to the Shazam application, for recognizing songs and melodies. But so far I have not found an example of comparing two sound fragments...

Lakhtin_V

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sound recognition is not an easy problem. A good starting point might be the article about how Shazam works: https://www.cameronmacleod.com/blog/how-does-shazam-work
You can study the the libraries mentioned in the article and try to create one yourself or look for similar libraries written in java.
Thank you very much for the useful link. I understand the complexity of my project. I was inspired by the experience of solving voice recognition problems; in the examples there were ready-made libraries that did all the work of deciphering the spectrum of the signal coming from the microphone. But now I realized that it’s probably easier to turn a person’s speech into letters than to guess music or birdsong.

Upvote 0