Android Question BLE Cadence & speed

TurboCCC

Licensed User
@Erel I've updated the BLE2 Peripheral to have customizable services and characteristics and I have a piece of code in B4A. It works for me but not quite sure it is ready for prime time. I'm tempted to just post my BlePeripheral3 library here and a small part of the B4A code that goes with it. The OP could play with it and post feedback. Better than nothing.

Upvote 0

Innov34

Licensed User
Hi,

I have a BLE central nordic Uart, i want to make a BLE peripheral i try with library BlePeripheral2 not possible.
I see you have made a new BlePeripheral3 with bleperipheral2 can you please send me it to try
best regards

Upvote 0

Innov34

Licensed User
Hi,
I have use the src of BlePeripheral2.java to try to make a BlePeripheral4.java for use a Nordic UART peripheral
in the java i have change :

BluetoothGattService service = new BluetoothGattService(longUUID("0001"), BluetoothGattService.SERVICE_TYPE_PRIMARY);
charRead = new BluetoothGattCharacteristic(longUUID("0003"), BluetoothGattCharacteristic.PROPERTY_READ | BluetoothGattCharacteristic.PROPERTY_NOTIFY, BluetoothGattCharacteristic.PERMISSION_READ);
charWrite = new BluetoothGattCharacteristic(longUUID("0002"), BluetoothGattCharacteristic.PROPERTY_WRITE, BluetoothGattCharacteristic.PERMISSION_WRITE);
charRead.addDescriptor(new BluetoothGattDescriptor(longUUID("2803"), BluetoothGattDescriptor.PERMISSION_READ | BluetoothGattDescriptor.PERMISSION_WRITE));

and in

java.util.UUID longUUID(String shortName)
return UUID.fromString("6e40" + shortName + "-b5a3-f393-e0a9-e50e24dcca9e");

I call the new library the start i ok but I don t see the peripheral NordicUart
Have you a idea

best regards
Thanks

Upvote 0

Innov34

Licensed User
Yes i already use the central chat to try it vrey good

Now i have a system with a Nordic Uart central, I ll make a peripheral for this central. I have change the values on the library ble2peripheral.java
and try to do an other library with this new Ble peripheral caracteristics but when i change values my Uart central don t see the peripheral.
I see on library a call to Blemanager2 ?

Best regards

Upvote 0

Innov34

Licensed User
What I've meant is that you can use the BLE example to test your peripheral implementation.
Hi,
Thanks for you reply. To resume
I have already try the ble perpheral2 with your sample for chat with 2 phones (1 central an 1 peripheral with caracteristics chat)
Now i have a électronic systèm with Nordic uart ble central embedded and i want to emultate a ble uart peripheral with bleperipheral2 to connect it.
For this i have modify the caracteristics in the bleperpheral2.java and make a new bleperipheral4 to be support theses caracteristics like code i have posted. I try this code but the peripheral dont start.

Best regards

Upvote 0