Android Question BLE device works on iOS, but problems on Android.

PierPaduan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
I have a dual mode Classical and BLE device BM77 from Microchip.

First question: if I run the example without any modification, BLE state remain on UNKNOWN and Starter Service doesn't start. I have added in Main/ActivityCreate: StartService(Starter). Is this correct?
In this way the BLE state goes to POWERED ON.

After this.

Using B4i, iBLE library and the iBLE example for B4i I easily make a connection between iphone 4s and the BLE device. I read services, characteristics and with some little modification I write in the BLE device and I listen and receive incoming data.

Using B4a, BLE2 library and BLE example for B4a I don't understand what is wrong.
- With phone LG G2, Android 4.4.2 and Bluetooth 4.0 in more than 10 times the connection has been made only one time. The Scan & Connect process find quickly the BLE device, the manager.Connect(Id) is launched, but the Manager_Connected event almost never occours.
- With Samsung Galaxy S3, Android 4.3 and Bluetooth 4.0 the connection is established succesfully every time, but it don't read all the characteristics read by iphone. Exactly doesn't read those that are the TX and RX of the BLE device.

Why so different behaviour. I begin to think that BLE on Android is not so reliable.

Any idea is welcome.
Thanks a Lot.
Pier.

Jaume Guillem

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm using Samsung S4mini with Android 4.4.2 and it works ok. I read all the services and characteristics.

It works well, but has a little problem. Phone transmission to the device takes between 1 and 5 seconds out the UART. The event writecomplete arrives instantly, so it seems to be a problem in bm77. Maybe a termination character? I could not find any information about it

Upvote 0