Android Question BLE project errors

AndyUK

Licensed User
Hi

I am a new user to B4A and would like some help please compiling a project given to me by a friend, it’s a BLE controller app. I have lost touch with him and it fails with 2 errors, the first is :-

AndroidManifest.xml:16: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'theme' with value '@android:style/Theme.Holo.Light').

As suggested on this forum ‘a more recent android.jar’ my help so I updated to android-23 (which maybe too new as I am running Windows XP under emulation). I have seen Android 8.0 (API level 26) mentioned, if that is the better version where do I download it from? So the error using android-23 is :-

ZipAlign file. Error

Cannot find:

Please configure paths (Tools - Configure Paths).

Can anybody offer any help to this newbie?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
AndroidManifest.xml:16: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'theme' with value '@android:style/Theme.Holo.Light').
sounds like you need to use a newer android.jar
ZipAlign file. Error
sounds you are using an old android sdk manager. Or an sdk manager from android studio or so.

You can find the Setup-Instructions here. https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html
You also can watch this Video as it describes it clearly.

Start with a new Blank folder like you see in the Video.
Following this steps you should have using Android.jar from SDK 28.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AndyUK

Licensed User
Hi Don

Thank you so much for your help and clear suggestions, its all compiling without errors now. It has, however, been a difficult process to achieve the installations. I was using Windows XP and the Windows x86 (32-bit) didn't seem to do anything when launched, I found an app to cure errors and also un-installed java but still couldn't install new version. I have given up with that at present and used a Windows 10 VM which personally I don't like (I am a long term Mac user) but the installation went relatively smoothly despite a Windows update halfway thru and the VM running out of space (the joys of computing).

Thanks again.

Upvote 0