bList v0.9 (beta) released

schimanski

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello!

I want to set an image in the blist and remove this, when I need it, just like a checkbox (checked=true or false). I there an easy way to remove and set a seperat icons in the list?

B4X:
list.New2("Form1",0,10,240,200)    
item.New1
item.CreateNew
imagelist1.Add("set.bmp")               
list.ItemHeight=35
list.BackColor=cWhite
list.AddFromString3("Number1", imagelist1.Item(0),cBlack, cWhite)
list.AddFromString3("Number2", imagelist1.Item(0),cBlack, cWhite)
list.AddFromString3("Number3", imagelist1.Item(0),cBlack, cWhite)
list.AddFromString3("Number4", imagelist1.Item(0),cBlack, cWhite)
Form1.Show

sapicax

Licensed User
Final version?

Hi Erel & Ariel,
bList is a very good list component and it's crucial for my next project.:icon_clap:
When are you planning to release the final version?

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I have a chinese-user reporting problems to see chinese-characters in a application I wrote which uses the bList-controll. He can see characters correctly in various labels but in the bList-control, they turn up like question-marks.

I am not saying the problem lies with bList since it could also be the original source which popolates the bList that might not be in UTF-8 (Unicode) format and hence question-marks. The chinese guy still has to send me the source-file for testing but I thought I would anticipate matters by asking if bList support UTF-8, Unicode and Chinese characters or not.

Does it?

Thanks.

chanppc

Licensed User
When try to run the bListItemFullDemo (on htc diamond 1), I noticed the display (fade-in-out) of sub-item of lstOptns screen become slower & slower, is that memory issue?

chanppc

Licensed User
Open & run bListItemFullDemo, click on image or font, it will show various image or font to choose from, select any of them, then the screen back to the earlier one.

Repeat the above steps few times, & you will start notice the scrolling between screen slower & slower & slower. This doesn't happen on PC and I assume it's due to plenty of memory avail?

susu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I got the same issue. The program is get slower and hang after about 50 clicks.

chanppc

Licensed User
For me, it's the demo program. I did the below to resolve the issue:

Sub Timer2_Tick 'Control the location list refresh rate
' soften the movement
mvmt(0) = mvmt(0) * 1.5 '(change the value to bigger than 0.8)
End Sub

Joosttt

Licensed User
Old version supplied with Basic4PPC 6.90

I just upgraded to Basic4PPC 6.90, but noticed that the bList's in my app were less responsive to click's. As I remembered this was a problem in an earlier version of blist.dll, I checked the version. It is version 0.9, so I would recommend the update to 0.93 as the click responsiveness is very well notable on VGA devices.

Joost

Last edited:

chanppc

Licensed User
Seems like the source for blist not distribute together with the v6.9. So I still need to bundle the dll together in my next distribution :(

JOTHA

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

... the question was: "You can take the data from a table sqlite?"
Yes. You can issue a query with Command.ExecuteReader and then go over the results and and the items to the list.

Can you please explain the next step in this scene?
Please give an example ...

Thank you in advance!

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Something like:
B4X:
[LEFT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#010101][COLOR=#010101][FONT=Courier New]Cmd.CommandText  = "SELECT Name FROM Products"[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#010101][COLOR=#010101][FONT=Courier New]Reader.Value =  Cmd.ExecuteReader[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][COLOR=#0000FF][FONT=Courier New]Do While [/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#010101][COLOR=#010101][FONT=Courier New]Reader.ReadNextRow  = TRUE[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#010101][COLOR=#010101][FONT=Courier New]      bList.AddFromString(Reader.GetValue(0), cRed, cBlue)[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][COLOR=#0000FF][FONT=Courier New]Loop[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#010101][COLOR=#010101][FONT=Courier New]Reader.Close
[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/LEFT]