Android Question Bluetooth Bee module question

Spacewalker

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I have a chance to write an app that should do the following:
-Android device (App) must connect to a electronic device (is a kind of a sensor) via Bluetooth
-This electronic device has a Bluetooth Bee module installed
-The App must send commands like "Start", "Stop" to the electronic device
-The App must receive data like "Speed", "Temperature" etc. from the electronic device

So basically it is a bidirectional communication with low traffic.

I wonder if there are any reasons why this would not be possible to do with B4A?
Maybe somebody has done this or something similar before?

Thanks

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
Basically Bluetooth Bee is the same as Bluetooth H-C, housed in another PCB to make the pins more accessible.
I don't know what the problem is but it is not difficult to use it.. You just need to make sure the module is configured as
a slave not as host because your Android device is the master (or host).. if there is a small white dot in the middle
then it is factory-set for host and you must change it by AT commands, but the easy way is when you buy you make
sure the module is not host. In the first discovery process, write down the mac address and then you can hard-code
it in your App if you wish, to make things easy.

my two cents.

Upvote 0

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There is a nice documentation here: http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/Bluetooth_Bee

You should first connetc it to your pc (via Hyperterminal) and send some commands to it to understand how it works. Later you could adapt it to b4a.

As I know there is a terminal app for android, too to send/receive the commands. Search for "Hyperteminal" for Android.

Upvote 0