Android Question Bluetooth Scanner

potman100

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

I have a Unitech Ms910 Bluetooth scanner that I connect to my app via the serial library, once connected I I use Asyncstreams to collect incoming data, this all works fine.

I was looking around at other apps that are similar to mine, and noticed that they seem to be able to receive an event when the button on the scanner is press, but no data is passed, I've searched in the forums and can't find anything relevant.

Would this be possible with B4A ?

Regards

Potman

potman100

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel

There is a light on top of the scanner, when you scan (Press the Button) a barcode and it is recognised, the light turns green and the the aysncstreams fire and
you the the code number. When you just single press the scanner (without any barcode) the the bar code reader lights light up but you don't get any light from the top.

I would have thought the code in the scanner only sends when it captures a valid bar code, but on another app, the user double clicks the button on the
scanner and it activates the soft keyboard !

Regards

Potman

Last edited:
Upvote 0

potman100

Licensed User
Longtime User
The scanner is the same as the one I'm using the Ms 910, Just thought it might have been some broadcast signal being sent by bluetooth that
could be captured !

Thanks for your help.

Potman

Upvote 0