Wish Board Type and com-port

Discussion in 'B4R Bugs & Wishlist' started by janderkan, Jul 27, 2019.

1. janderkan

janderkan Active Member Licensed User

I wish that B4R would save the 'Board Type' and the comport with the project !

Laurent95 likes this.
  2. Cableguy

Cableguy Expert Licensed User

Why? Except for the ESP chips (and only if you use the board specific libs) ALL code is compatible with ALL boards!
    This means that you just need to choose the board you are targeting when uploading the code. You can run the same code in a nano, a micro, a Mega or a UNO, whichever you have at hand

3. janderkan

janderkan Active Member Licensed User

I work on 3 projects based on Atmega328pb, Esp32 and Esp8266.
    The 3 boards are always connected to a specific comport.
    I start the day on Atmega, select board type and comport.
    Next Esp32, again select board type and comport
    Next Esp8266, again again
    If you switch project many times a day, it would be nice if it remembered these 2 settings.
    If you furthermore change the boardsettings, f.ex. uploadspeed and Flashmode ........

Maybee it was possible to add some 'Region Project Attributes' to change these settings.

Mostez and Cableguy like this.
  4. Cableguy

Cableguy Expert Licensed User

Ok, now I understand... I would go with the Region properties... But ultimately it's up to @Erel

janderkan likes this.
  5. Laurent95

Laurent95 Active Member Licensed User

Hello,
    +1
    It would be nice if we can keep some informations like this.
    Hopefully Erel can do it.

Plus sometime, it's really bothering to do it, especially if you have, like me, a really weird graphic card with resolution who even don't let you can accept config by the "Ok" bouton :D:rolleyes: :

toomuch_informations_kill_me.png

Regards

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice