Wish Board Type and com-port

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I wish that B4R would save the 'Board Type' and the comport with the project !
Why? Except for the ESP chips (and only if you use the board specific libs) ALL code is compatible with ALL boards!
This means that you just need to choose the board you are targeting when uploading the code. You can run the same code in a nano, a micro, a Mega or a UNO, whichever you have at hand

janderkan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Why? Except for the ESP chips (and only if you use the board specific libs) ALL code is compatible with ALL boards!
This means that you just need to choose the board you are targeting when uploading the code. You can run the same code in a nano, a micro, a Mega or a UNO, whichever you have at hand

I work on 3 projects based on Atmega328pb, Esp32 and Esp8266.
The 3 boards are always connected to a specific comport.
I start the day on Atmega, select board type and comport.
Next Esp32, again select board type and comport
Next Esp8266, again again
If you switch project many times a day, it would be nice if it remembered these 2 settings.
If you furthermore change the boardsettings, f.ex. uploadspeed and Flashmode ........

Maybee it was possible to add some 'Region Project Attributes' to change these settings.

Laurent95

Licensed User
Longtime User
I wish that B4R would save the 'Board Type' and the comport with the project !
Hello,
+1
It would be nice if we can keep some informations like this.
Hopefully Erel can do it.

Plus sometime, it's really bothering to do it, especially if you have, like me, a really weird graphic card with resolution who even don't let you can accept config by the "Ok" bouton :D:rolleyes: :

toomuch_informations_kill_me.png

Regards