Games Brainstorming for a team game

semar

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
I need some good ideas for a team game.

I would like to build a game where one team composed of max 4/5 persons plays against other teams. There are max 4 or 5 teams.

The game is a 2D game, and should not be a shoot'em up game. Each team is represented by one sprite (a kind of robot). This sprite is moved by using an B4A app running on a smartphone (one for each team).
The app on the smartphone controls the sprite, and actually has buttons (arrows) for the 4 directions, plus a stop and an action button.
This app connects to a tablet via http. On this tablet runs an http server, and the main game field will be shown on it and on a big screen on the wall, using a beamer.
Using the app on the smartphone, each team controls his sprite, which will be moved accordingly on the tablet and shown on the big screen too. Smartphones and tablet are all connected with the same wireless lan.

This is the scenario, which I have already realized, and works fine.

The brainstorming I need from you is to find out, what should be accomplished by each team. It is a non-violent game, and there should be a sort of competition between the teams.

I think a sort of "search and collect items" game would be good. I could hide the objects on the game screen; for example when a team sprite reaches a house or a location (tree, stone, you name it), the hidden object will be revealed on the team's controller, and the team could decide to take or discard it. To get the object, the team may solve a simple quiz, so that if two teams enter the same house, there's a challenge on which team first solves the quiz.

Another way would be a sort of memory game. Two objects will be revealed when a team sprite goes over on it and click on the controllers 'reveal' button. The object will be shown on the main screen, so that the other teams see that and react accordingly, like the classic memory game. If the two object are the same, then the team scores some point, when not, then the object will be covered again.

These are my two ideas at the moment. The time I have to develop this game is quite short, that's why I need something that is simple to implement, but also funny to play.

Thanks for your attention,
Sergio.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all,
I need some good ideas for a team game.

I would like to build a game where one team composed of max 4/5 persons plays against other teams. There are max 4 or 5 teams.

The game is a 2D game, and should not be a shoot'em up game. Each team is represented by one sprite (a kind of robot). This sprite is moved by using an B4A app running on a smartphone (one for each team).
The app on the smartphone controls the sprite, and actually has buttons (arrows) for the 4 directions, plus a stop and an action button.
This app connects to a tablet via http. On this tablet runs an http server, and the main game field will be shown on it and on a big screen on the wall, using a beamer.
Using the app on the smartphone, each team controls his sprite, which will be moved accordingly on the tablet and shown on the big screen too. Smartphones and tablet are all connected with the same wireless lan.

This is the scenario, which I have already realized, and works fine.

The brainstorming I need from you is to find out, what should be accomplished by each team. It is a non-violent game, and there should be a sort of competition between the teams.

I think a sort of "search and collect items" game would be good. I could hide the objects on the game screen; for example when a team sprite reaches a house or a location (tree, stone, you name it), the hidden object will be revealed on the team's controller, and the team could decide to take or discard it. To get the object, the team may solve a simple quiz, so that if two teams enter the same house, there's a challenge on which team first solves the quiz.

Another way would be a sort of memory game. Two objects will be revealed when a team sprite goes over on it and click on the controllers 'reveal' button. The object will be shown on the main screen, so that the other teams see that and react accordingly, like the classic memory game. If the two object are the same, then the team scores some point, when not, then the object will be covered again.

These are my two ideas at the moment. The time I have to develop this game is quite short, that's why I need something that is simple to implement, but also funny to play.

Thanks for your attention,
Sergio.
If they are 2 teams, with 4/5 players I would suggest you make the game of football/soccer.

But you said not violent, so I would change my mind and I would say the italian bowls . :D

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Why not a "treasure hunt" style? With time limit and such.

Like quests...

semar

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks so far for the answers.

I'm thinking of a 'worm' kind of game. Each team controls a worm. There are objects like gems that spawn here and there and can be collected. A worm increases its length when it collects objects. A worm that crosses another one, steals an object from the other worm, if not already collected. The worm that steals will become longer, the stealed one become shorter.

The team that has the longest worm at the end of the time-based game wins the match.

How do you find the idea ?

Regards,
Sergio

Last edited: