Android Question Broadcasting when screen locked

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Robert Valentino, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Robert Valentino

Robert Valentino Well-Known Member Licensed User

I have been banging my head against the wall trying to get my music player talking nicely to my car radio.

I gotten everything working as nicely as possible (Play / Pause - Next / Previous keys all work and I can display the MP3 information on the car radio display lines)

Using MyPhoneWakeState.KeepAlive(False) in my Main and a service to play the music everything works fine (after some time the screen dims but does not go completely off)

Using MyPhoneWakeState.PartialLock in my Main and a service to play the music everything works fine (after some time the screen goes completely off)

When the screen goes completely off (locking it) the keys work (Play / Pause - Next / Previous keys all work) but the MP3 information stops showing on the car screen. Even when I turn the screen back on NOTHING every again appears again unless I turn the car off and back on to reconnect.

Now I thought that I was doing something wrong but when I use the default Music Player on my Samsung S3 the SAME exact problem happens.

So there is some type of communication being lost when the screen goes off / gets locked.

Strange that the music still plays and that all the keys still work but the Broadcast messages I am sending:
    "com.android.music.playstatechanged",
    "com.android.music.metachangedseem", seem to stop being received by the car radio.

Is there something I need to do to keep the broadcasting of messages alive when the screen gets locked?

BobVal

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

I don't think that there is. It is handled by the OS.

3. Robert Valentino

Robert Valentino Well-Known Member Licensed User

I now display a blank screen instead of pushing the power button.

But not sure what that is buying me.

I wanted to save power by having the screen off - I am not sure having a blank screen showing is saving anything only making it look like the screen is off.

Will keep banging at it.

Thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice