Bug? Bug in IOS concerned with orientation change

Derek Johnson

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is not a bug in B4I, rather it is a bug in IOS8.4.1 that I am currently using on on iPad (Model MD531B/A).

It seems that IOS can completely lose the plot when a device is rotated, especially when the keyboard is active. It looks as though the App is not being informed of orientation changes - see the attached screen capture of Google where the main screen is upside down but the keyboard is the right way up!

I've seen this before in my own B4I App, where the symptoms are that the page resize event is not being called when the device is rotated. The accelerometer continues to work however, and you can detect a rotation by using a timer and the device angle. I'm not sure what other events are no longer being triggered though.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, and do they have any suggestions?

Derek

Attachments

• IOSBug.PNG
    IOSBug.PNG
    77.3 KB · Views: 249

Derek Johnson

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't think that you should try to handle it in your app with the accelerometer. Have you tried to restart the device?

Yes that works. Also killing off the App (by double tapping on the home button, then swiping upwards on the selected app ) also cures the problem that I was experiencing.