[Bug] Visual Designer not works on ICS (4.0.6) on the Archos 101G9 250HDD

Amalkotey

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel:

the Visual Designer calls no link under ICS (4.0.6) on my ARCHOS 101G9 250 HDD, so that you can edit the controls on the device. Is there an update in the near future?

-Amalkotey-

Amalkotey

Licensed User
Longtime User
What do you mean with "calls no link"?
Are there any errors in the logs?

I think the connection between PC and android tablet. On the Tablet is B4A-Designer v1. 91 running, but you can see not the activity, and can not change the individual controls, because you will not be displayed.

Last edited:

Amalkotey

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

I must chop even once after. Also in the current B4A v2. 0 I get no connection to B4A Designer 1.91 on my ARCHOS 101G9. Accordingly, I can edit the layout not visual.

The status will show as not connected under B4A. Is there a solution to the problem?

-Amalkotey-

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think this may be related to the similar post with the HTC One X. I noticed this problem long ago and there is another post on it somewhere. I just avoided using tablet for designer. Anyways to try and help things along here is a log for you Erel. It was cleared just before i clicked 'Connect to Device' so all the entries should be related to Designer.apk. Good Luck.

p.s. it's in .zip format as the .txt was too large

Attachments

• log.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 237

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
btw, my log was from Archos G9 101. If you need to run any test fixes, give me a shout.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The logs file was useful. Thank you.

Please try the following steps:
- Close the IDE.
- Uninstall B4A Designer from the device (only required if you are using B4A-Bridge)
- Open the ini file: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Anywhere Software\Basic4android\B4Av0.1.ini
- Change: DesignerDevicePort=5000 to DesignerDevicePort=24672
- Unzip the attached file and copy Designer.apk to Basic4android installation folder (replace the other one).

Does it now work?

francoisg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I can't seem to find the .ini file. Searched my whole HD but nothing (Win7 Ultimate, might it be that the data is saved on the domain server or something?)...

Amalkotey

Licensed User
Longtime User
Unfortunately, the proposed modifications have does not work. With the Designer.apk from the zip file, I get on any device a working designer to the run. Neither the changed port value still the original value type work.

Edit: After release of ports in the firewall, it worked. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

barx

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah, appears to work here too. Can't remember 100% how the designer is supposed to look but it seems to work. I thought the views shown as colored panels similar to the abstract viewer, they show as black so until you actually select something in the properties window then it looks like it doesn't work, Once something is selected then you get the red rectangle with the resize tabs on.

Amalkotey

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yeah, appears to work here too. Can't remember 100% how the designer is supposed to look but it seems to work. I thought the views shown as colored panels similar to the abstract viewer, they show as black so until you actually select something in the properties window then it looks like it doesn't work, Once something is selected then you get the red rectangle with the resize tabs on.

No, the appearance is like under VB only on your android device. Can be changed on the device. Is a top issue for the arrangement of the control.

-Amalkotey-

francoisg

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, it is working now. Thanx!!!

You were correct - the folder is hidden and should be "C:\Users\<user>.<domainname>\AppData\Roaming\Anywhere Software\Basic4android\B4Av0.1.ini" if your pc belongs to a windows domain!

kjoussen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All.

I'm a new user of B4A, but not new to IT (in it for 20 years now...).

I followed this thread as i'm having problems getting the Designer running with my Archos 101 G9 running 4.0.3

The Bridge is running fine and when i click on CONNECT in the Designer it shows "Connecting...", the B4ADesigner (the last from the zip-file) starts on the Device but after some seconds the Designer under Windows is disconnected again.

I changed the port setting in the ini-file and opened the same port on my local firewall for both directions.

What else could this be? Are there any logfiles i could have a look at? And where are they?

Hope there is someone outside able to help me.

Thank you in advance.

Amalkotey

Licensed User
Longtime User
I followed this thread as i'm having problems getting the Designer running with my Archos 101 G9 running 4.0.3

It is not on the Android version. I had also previously 4.0.3. installed and have the update to v4. 0. 6. (4.0.3) installed by xda developers. Now I have installed a Custom ROM from XDA developers with SDE and root.

The Bridge is running fine and when i click on CONNECT in the Designer it shows "Connecting...", the B4ADesigner (the last from the zip-file) starts on the Device but after some seconds the Designer under Windows is disconnected again.

I had the same effect. You use the Bright.apk or have you connected to archos your USB on your PC? Make the following times:

1. Delete the Designer.apk on your device
  2. Copy the Designer.apk from EREL's zip file in the installation directory of B4A
  3. Start B4A and loading a project
  4. Start the designer in the IDE and try to connect your ARCHOS
Now copied B4A the new Designer.apk on your device. Repeat the connection process. After these steps, the controls were on the device to watch.

-Amalkotey-

kjoussen

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thats exactly what i've done last night and this morning.

- deinstalled designer
- copied designer.apk from the posting one page before into the program folder
- bridged over wlan with success
- this installes the "new" designer on the device
- starting the designer in the ide
- double click on Connect, message connecting.... appears
- designer launches on device
- in the ide appears disconnected (no error, just nothing)

The same then before.

kjoussen

Licensed User
Longtime User
New Information, as i tested it with USB-connection

I installed the appropriate USB-Driver from Archos and can "access" my device from within the IDE.
E.g. when i press F5, my code will be compiled, the apk copied to the machine and it will be started. Hey, thats ok, as long as there are no heavy bugs in the code. For security reasons i wanted to use the Emulator, but this is another thread here in the forum.

BUT, when i start the Designer and click on CONNECT the designer on the devices comes up but stays empty and after some secs. the designer status on my notebook is disconnected.

That means to me, it doesn't matter which way i'm connecting, the problem is the same.

Amalkotey

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, OK, I use the USB driver from android-sdk-windows, since I have multiple android devices. Perhaps is it NET Framework?

Amalkotey

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel:

In the current version, v2.22 B4A, the Visual Designer will be on the android device, the controls do both with the Designer.apk here from the thread as well, which is available in the installation package does not appear. Furthermore, the app is to be terminated on the android device only when I finish this in the app manager. The backspace key will only display menu.