Share My Creation Cam-aka FX Studio

Hi all,

I'm proud to announce a new release of Cam-aka FX (1.4.0)

iicon_512.png

It has been a hard work so that technically it can process images faster and with higher resolution, but finally I got it.
Also the UI has changed. The results achieved can be very nice (take a look at camaka_fx at instagram) and done within seconds if you are expert, but it's not easy and the menus didn't help. Now they are more homogeneous and intuitive (at least compared with the previous version ;))

Things planned to be done soon:
> Add some type of help. For this I will use the translations that some of you kindly did and are not yet included (sorry for this, but will be really of use soon).
> Effects presets. Now the app is more as a kind of lab where you can play with different params. But most of the top camera apps work with preset effects, so will try to do something similar.
> Modify the camera lib and add some of the utils and features (the ones which make more sense) which now are done on a separate lib. Once it is stable enough, will release this modified library in the forum.

Please test and rate it if you like :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have just released new version 1.1.2.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.twouchapps.cam.camaka

The UI has been changed, and also some new original features have been included:

* spheres
* color invert
* redesign of some distortion filters.

Also added "FX" to the name. Please test it if you have time, hope you will like it.

Also included a credits screen for the libraries used in this version (forgot to do it in the previous one :(): Thanks to Informatix, corwin42, agraham and ssg.
[EDIT] And Stevel05 for his InputSlider Class, I forgot!

And if something does not work, please be patient :D , I will keep improving it if I can.

As always, any feedback will be highly appreciated

---------------------------------------------------------------

I have just released my first "serious" (at least it is meant to be ;P) app in the market. It is a live preview layer based camera and image editor.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.twouchapps.cam.camaka

Some of the UI parts are still very poor, I know. And I just heard of "UX" some weeks ago ;-P...but decided to release it and keep updating on the fly

Please test it, rate if you like, and feel free to express whatever you think can be improved, feedback is important to me (design, experience, utility...)

Credits: they are not yet included in the splash screen, but of course it will be properly updated along this week. I have used some libraries posted here by some of you (thank you a lot) the camEx class, and also a modified InputSliderClass. Special thanks to Erel for this great product :)

Now I am busy with it, but soon I will be happy to share with you some nice image utils I have made, such as a "fast" NV21 to RGB converter and other stuff I made for this app.

Greetings!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-07-21-17-44-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-07-21-17-44-38.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 4,646
Last edited:

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank u for the feedback, thedesolatesoul! :)

Not totally sure of what do you mean. Did I forget some, are there too many, or there are some "suspicious" ones? In fact, they are added by the libraries I use, even if I only use a small part of its features.

Pls tell me which of them could be perceived as "strange" and I will look if they are really needed.

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So the store is showing these permissions:
full network access <-- is this for ads or downloading images?
read battery statistics <-- not sure why you need this
modify system settings <-- is this to turn on network connections?
test access to protected storage <-- not sure about this
close other apps <-- most likely the OS library? you should remove this?
retrieve running apps <-- do you use this?
retrieve system internal status <-- do you use this? maybe you uploaded debug apk?
control vibration <-- probably notifications, this should be ok
prevent device from sleeping <-- you needed a wakelock?

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So the store is showing these permissions:
full network access <-- is this for ads or downloading images?
read battery statistics <-- not sure why you need this
modify system settings <-- is this to turn on network connections?
test access to protected storage <-- not sure about this
close other apps <-- most likely the OS library? you should remove this?
retrieve running apps <-- do you use this?
retrieve system internal status <-- do you use this? maybe you uploaded debug apk?
control vibration <-- probably notifications, this should be ok
prevent device from sleeping <-- you needed a wakelock?

full network access, modify system settings --> I use admob and MEShareLibrary to send it to social media. So network permissions must be there (I suppose)
test access to protected storage ... --> the app saves the images in a folder. Will check if it is due to this
read battery statistics, close other apps, retrieve running apps and retrieve system internal status --> strange.... will check
prevent device from sleeping --> I am using the wakelock at this moment so it is ok.

Thanks a lot!

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks!

Yes please, any info about the crash will be welcome in order to try to solve it

I had a custom shutter sound lost in the middle of the code, forgot to remove it :D

It's not very difficult (....once it has been done, of course ;)). I wrote some routines in C for a fast conversion of the camera preview, then another routine for "treating" each layer according to the menu settings, and draw the result onto the camera preview. When taking a photo, did the same process, but taking the snapshot as the origin instead of the preview, with the appropiate scaling conversion

thedesolatesoul

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Here is how I reproduce the crash:
1. Open app, click on camera
2. Press on image to create a layer.
3. Press the centre camera button to take picture
I get :
An error has occurred in sub: cameraexclass_vvvvvvvvv0 (java line: 1152) java.lang.RuntimeException: takePicture failed

However, if the camera is facing down so the image is black it doesnt happen.

B4X:
** Activity (start) Pause, UserClosed = true **
** Activity (main) Resume **
cameraexclass_vvvvvvvvv0 (java line: 1152)
java.lang.RuntimeException: takePicture failed
    at android.hardware.Camera.native_takePicture(Native Method)
    at android.hardware.Camera.takePicture(Camera.java:1103)
    at android.hardware.Camera.takePicture(Camera.java:1048)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.objects.CameraW.TakePicture(CameraW.java:287)
    at com.twouchapps.cam.camaka.cameraexclass._vvvvvvvvv0(cameraexclass.java:1152)
    at com.twouchapps.cam.camaka.cameraexclass._camera_focusdone(cameraexclass.java:85)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.BA.raiseEvent2(BA.java:170)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.BA.raiseEvent(BA.java:154)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.objects.CameraW$3.onAutoFocus(CameraW.java:195)
    at android.hardware.Camera$EventHandler.handleMessage(Camera.java:811)
    at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
    at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:137)
    at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4898)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:511)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:1006)
    at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:773)
    at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
java.lang.RuntimeException: takePicture failed

I'm still quite impressed, you are manipulating atleast 1280x960 images in real-time. I didnt think many people are able to do this.
What are you using to draw over the camera preview? I thought it was a surface view?
The results are very smooth, and effects are very impressive. I think if you polish this app it has massive potential.
At the moment there is a massive flexibility, if you make some preset effects, clean the UI, you are onto a winner.
I havent seen any app that works on layers like this.

When you wrote C code, you creates a compiled .so library and included it with the apk?

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for your kind words! I do really appreciate them

Can you tell me which device reproduced this error? And at which resolution does it save the pictures when it works?

About the code, I am not working with that high resolution, in my case it would slow down too much the result. There are some "tricks" such as subsampling and scaling the result on the screen. Not surfaceview yet, at the moment I work directly onto mutablebitmaps in a normal view and invalidate them when processed

About the C code, what I did (searching forums as stackoverflow and others) is: inside the java class, I instantiate a C library through the jni interface. I compile the C stuff out of eclipse, put the result in the libs folder, and when exporting the jar, I suppose that the .so content is there somehow, don't know if "as it was" or in other forms.

Totally agree about the UI, and also had thought about the preset effects, letting the user choose two modes: normal (with presets) and advanced (full flexibility). A lot to do yet ;)

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Will try to find the cause. It is possible that it happens when it fails to autofocus, but not sure at all

Does it happen always or only sometimes? Also, is the behaviour the same for front and back cam?

KitCarlson

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have SGT2 7". The play store will not let me install because app is not compatible.

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
@thedesolatesoul : saved pictures should be in Cam-aka folder in external root. After taking the snapshot, you can choose wether to save or discard. Perhaps it would be better to save them always and let the user decide wether to discard it or not.

@KitCarlson: Thank you for telling, I had not perceived it. I am making some UI changes and will try to provide graphic resources also for tablets (this is the reason why google play does not find it suitable for tablets o_O)