Android Question CamEx2 and NewQRreadView strange behaviour

carlbertech

Hello to all : in a layout I add a NewQRReaderView to read barcodes, this one has no coding and no customization.
After taking the photo with CamEx2 and calling cam.stop when returning the screen that contains the control NewQRReaderView "it automatically" begins to transmit images from the camera
and there is no way to turn it off since the control is not even initialized by my code.

There is something else I have to turn off other than cam.stop ?
for example turn off PreviewRequest ? or the NewQRReaderView control is incompatible with CamEx2

(Android11 - B4A 11 CAMERA2LIB)

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello to all : in a layout I add a NewQRReaderView to read barcodes, this one has no coding and no customization.
After taking the photo with CamEx2 and calling cam.stop when returning the screen that contains the control NewQRReaderView "it automatically" begins to transmit images from the camera
and there is no way to turn it off since the control is not even initialized by my code.

There is something else I have to turn off other than cam.stop ?
for example turn off PreviewRequest ? or the NewQRReaderView control is incompatible with CamEx2

(Android11 - B4A 11 CAMERA2LIB)
Can you upload a sample project that demonstrates what you are observing?

Upvote 0

carlbertech

hello i send you a sample , thank you, the same behaviour occur using original and full CamEx2 with a simple NewQRreader control...

Attachments

• CamaraMx_Jhon.zip
    188.3 KB · Views: 123
Upvote 0

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello @Johan Schoeman, could you reproduce the strange behavior between camex2 and NewQRReaderView control ?. Iam using Andproid 11 and b4a IDE 11
I have seen it. It is the way that the library has been written (not the wrapper). Will see if I can change the library so the the scanner is not on by default.

Upvote 0