Android Question Can I develop this comprehensive application with b4a

Anshul Kaushik

Hello friends ,

I want to develop an application for milk distribution company with prior intimation to clients about milk delivery. Which will use gps coordinates and can send sms to each specific customer before arrival at certain gps coordinates.

Some other features required by th application would be
1. Connection to the database on internet server for getting person name and other infomation over mobile network.
2. Selecting and activating routes so that each truck driver can active his own route in mobile phone inside the truck which he drives. ( because they might shuffle)
3. Owner should receive sms of battery low of the truck drivers mobile phone.
4.A kind of geofencing if he goes out from the designated area sms would be sent.
5. One can login to the application with the zone >> truck company >>> route selection.
6. Multiple sms after reaching one location or single sms can be configured.
7. Defining of waypoints , triggers where sms automatic sms will be triggered.
8. GPS coordinates -(minus) 300 meters can be configured to trigger sms.

Can I develop this kind of comprehensive application with this product. If yes then how should I start after buying this product. In case you need more detailed explanation then please let me know.

Please reply.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
In theory you can, especially with the new version that Erel has declared it is intended for large projects,
but my suggestion to you is what I would personally do in this case, that I divide the application into two
parts.. the database and processing can reside in a server in your office or home, while the user interface
is on the mobile device. The mobile communicates with the server by text (SMS) messages and receives
notification, acknowledges the same way. This way you will also have the ability to use the ease of VB to
program the server.

good luck.

Upvote 0

Anshul Kaushik

Thanks guys for the information really appreciated. Can I outsource this project to someone in the forum ? Where can I find developers , Should I post detailed requirement in business forum ? Will it help ?

Upvote 0