Android Tutorial [java] Creating libraries for B4A

rosippc64a

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Erel
I am learning how to make a small lib. I did the video tutprial and I did the firstlib. No problem. Now I go on but I don't know how?
I have this code:
B4X:
@ShortName("First")
@Events(values={"Event (X As int)"})
@Version(1.01f)
public class First {
  protected Sometype createSecondClass() {
     BA.Log("ThisShown");
     return new Second();
   }
   public class Second {
   }
}
I can make jar and xml file, the b4a can see, and use too the things in First class part. But when I want to use a function (createSecondClass) from First what would like to initialise the Second class, then there is a noClassDefFoundError: First$Second. I have a First$Second.jar also, but I don't know what I have to say and where that b4a do know the Second class?

I made two different .java files for the two class, and I compiled to .jar.
When I compile the b4a project, the b4a can't access an imported class what there is in the before compiled .jar. B4a can show functions from .jar (because a good .xml), but can't compile.

Last edited:

rosippc64a

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have one step ahead. The b4a can see the missing class. The solution was: I copied the lib having the class into b4a library folder. After it that was ok, but I didn't was satisfied that I don't know the real reason and I remove the lib from the folder, and remove a sign from eclipse's properties, where the ioiolib was checked and the result: b4a can't see the class again. How I can embed the neccessary lib into the jar that b4a can see?

upload_2016-6-14_7-41-29.png

Last edited:

rosippc64a

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you DonManfred,
I did it. Works. After export I got a small size Firstlib.jar and I copied the ioiolib into the B4a additional library folder. Can I reference this lib such a mode that the ioiolib be packaged into Firstlib.jar?

Last edited:

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
f I have a jar with dependency of "VALUES.XML"
do you have a jar or a aar?

If you have an aar:
Like i already told: extract the classes.jar from the aar and add it in eclipse to your buildpaths.use the aar filename in depends-on and copy the aar to additional libs folder.

If you have only a jar then you need to create a R.class in your wrapper like in b4a 5

Maybe you should upload your source (src, jar, aar) so we can see....

Or better: Create a new thread for your problem showing enough details/code to check...

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Last edited:

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Before I dive into creating my first library, should I install and use Eclipse which this tutorial is based on, or should I use Android Studio instead?

And if I should use Android Studio, how different/difficult will it be to do the tutorial for it?

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the input