Can I wided the post new thread text box

BarrySumpter

Licensed User
Longtime User
I paste a lot code and it wraps alot of the lines.
I would like to set my profile to ALWAYS default the Post, Replay, and Edit to have a wider text area.

It there a way to do this?

Last edited:

warwound

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Are you saying you already have the resizeable text input box when submitting or updating a post and you want that text input box to open to an enlarged size by default?

An idea is to set a default CSS stylesheet in the browser that you use to view the forum...

Browser's used to have a setting to set a CSS stylesheet as the browser default - overriding the browser's original default stylesheet.

I'm not sure which browsers if any allow you to do that still.

Here's a Google search that may answer that.

Here's the HTML that defines this textarea that i'm currently typing in:

B4X:
<textarea dir="ltr" tabindex="1" style="display:block; width:540px; height:250px" cols="60" rows="10" id="vB_Editor_001_textarea" name="message"></textarea>

So your new CSS stylesheet would have to define:

B4X:
<style type="text/css">
#vB_Editor_001_textarea {
  height: ???px;
  width: ???px;
}
</style>

You could also create a browser bookmarklet which contains this javascript instead of a webpage URL:

B4X:
javascript:var t=document.getElementById('vB_Editor_001_textarea'); t.style.width='300px';t.style.height='640px'

Clicking that bookmarklet would (in theory) do what you want BUT it seems as though modern browsers block execution of such javascript.
If you copy/paste that javascript into your browser address bar when the forum add or modify a post page is loaded does it work or do your browser settings block it?

Martin.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…