Android Question Can we "abort" or remove an intent from another party (app)?

bsnqt

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel and experts,

My question is very simple (but I don't know the answer): Can we "abort" or remove an intent or a broadcast receiver that was registered by another app / third party and vice versa? This is related to this post: HAVE YOU EVER SUCCESSFULLY INTERCEPT SMS IN A DEVICE THAT IS RUNNING GoSMS?

The reason I ask so is I wonder whether they remove the receiver & intent that were registered by my app, as I see clearly that for the very first incoming sms (after I install GoSMS), I can intercept it well, but after the very 1st SMS (I win, Go SMS failed), my app always fails in the competition with GoSMS.

Last edited:

bsnqt

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel for your quick response.
People also discuss a lot about so called registering multiple broadcast receivers by only one app. This is another possible way (?) of preventing other apps win over our app in receiving the intent.

The following is a very interesting idea, but I don't much understand it, can you please translate it into an easier language :)
Please.

My quick and dirty solution was to register a single receiver for my
own handler, and then explicitly create an instance of the third party
BroadcastReceiver and invoke onReceive() on it. It seems to work.

Reference: Is it possible to run multiple Broadcast receivers for the same Intent in the same application?

(Let me know if I need to create a new thread for this question, please)

Upvote 0