Android Question Can we use one single Firebase Project for multiple Android app?

Indic Software

Licensed User
Hello,

In past when I was using GCM I use to create one single GCM Project in GCM console.

I could use the credentials (Project Number or Project ID) in multiple Android projects and things were working just great till now.

Not only that! Google Play Store never complained of uploaded apps having identical Project Number or Project ID. We have 8 such apps on the store.

Why do we have to do this is because we have one single web app which is used by multiple institutions and these institutions send push notifications to their clients.

But in case of FCM we cannot use identical Project (json file) in multiple apps. The apps by themselves do not complain but when we try to upload the app to Google Play Store it rejects the app.

So my question is there any way by which we can use one single FCM Project in multiple Android Apps or is there any other way to do this?

Regards,

Yogesh

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I did created a single FCM Project. I have generated 15 Apps in this Project. Each with his own packagename for sure.
The json download contains all apps in this project.

It is working fine for me.

Upvote 0

Indic Software

Licensed User
I did created a single FCM Project. I have generated 15 Apps in this Project. Each with his own packagename for sure.
The json download contains all apps in this project.

It is working fine for me.
How can we add multiple projects with different package names in one single FCM project?

Regards,

Yogesh

Upvote 0