Android Question Can you brick a device by using B4A

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Superdries, Jul 14, 2019 at 5:39 PM.

Similar threads

B4A Tutorial JumpingSmiley - GameView example III
B4A Code Snippet Theme Colors
B4A Code Snippet Version safe themes
B4A Tutorial android.jar / targetSdkVersion / minSdkVersion
B4A Code Snippet Full Screen Theme
  1. Superdries

Superdries New Member Licensed User

Hi,

A simple question?? Is it possible to brick an Android device by using B4A (obvious) the wrong way? For example by wrong way of using memory (leak) or any other way.
    Since a couple of weeks I'm using B4A to explore what I can do. One day my Sony Xperia ZX1 was dead. Even after charging the device it stayed dark. After some research on the internet I found how to restart it, so the Sony logo became visible and after a minute or so it went dark to restart again over and over. Then I found how to reload the Sony firmware but that didn't help either. It's now in repair so I don’t know yet what was wrong. Is it coincidence or wrong programming

Thanks, Andries

2. DonManfred

DonManfred Expert Licensed User

No. I don´t think so.

BillMeyer likes this.
  3. emexes

emexes Well-Known Member Licensed User

I've had no bricking, used B4A-Bridge on ~10-12 different devices so far. Mostly cheap no/low-names, plus a couple of Samsungs.

I do have a Sony phone hanging around here somewhere that I haven't loaded B4A-Bridge on, probably not your precise model, but I'll give it a burl anyway.

4. Peter Simpson

Peter Simpson Expert Licensed User

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice